Author Topic: American troops had only hours to react to Iranian ballistic missile attack. Here’s what they did.  (Read 251 times)

rangerrebew

American troops had only hours to react to Iranian ballistic missile attack. Here’s what they did.
Shawn Snow
 Monday, Jan. 13, 2020. (Qassim Abdul-Zahra/AP)

“In the end, I said a prayer and asked God to guide my actions and protect my troops,” Lt. Col. Staci Coleman, the commander of 443 Air Expeditionary Squadron, at al-Asad air base in Iraq, said recounting Iran’s January ballistic missile strike.

“I resolved to place the fate of my team in His hands and I refocused my attention on executing the plan,” Coleman said in her account of the attack released by U.S. Air Forces Central Command.

U.S. service members stationed on two Iraqi airbases at al-Asad and Erbil had only hours to react to an incoming barrage of Iranian ballistic missiles launched early in the morning on Jan. 8, 2020, according to a report released by AFCENT.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2020/04/21/american-troops-had-only-hours-to-react-to-iranian-ballistic-missile-attack-heres-what-they-did/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=navy%20DNR%204.21.20&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Navy%20-%20Daily%20News%20Roundup

rangerrebew