Author Topic: Airman and Marine Will Head to Space in First US Manned Launch Since 2011  (Read 300 times)

rangerrebew

Airman and Marine Will Head to Space in First US Manned Launch Since 2011

20 Apr 2020
Military.com | By Richard Sisk

NASA is relying on the skills and experience of an active-duty Air Force colonel and a retired Marine colonel to put the U.S. back in the business of manned space launches after a nine-year hiatus.

NASA "will once again launch American astronauts on American rockets from American soil," NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said in a tweet Friday.

For the first time since the space shuttles were retired in 2011, a manned space vehicle will go on a mission to the International Space Station, tentatively set for liftoff from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida on May 27, NASA announced Friday.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/04/20/airman-and-marine-will-head-space-first-us-manned-launch-2011.html

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I love our space program and love all we have accomplished in the past 60+ years, but we just added another $3T to our nation debt.  ($24T).

We really think there's enough left in the coffers, to have any kind of initiatives like these?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.