Author Topic: McConnell slams brakes on next round of coronavirus aid  (Read 612 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
McConnell slams brakes on next round of coronavirus aid
« on: April 22, 2020, 05:23:58 am »

McConnell slams brakes on next round of coronavirus aid

By Burgess Everett 3 hrs ago

MJ could've been big leaguer if former A's GM had his wish

Conservative groups nurturing protests
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is drawing a line: There will be no more attempts at long-distance legislating on the coronavirus.

In a telephone interview Tuesday after passage of a $484 billion coronavirus relief bill, the Senate majority leader made clear that the full Senate must be in session before Congress begins its fifth installment of responding to the pandemic. And he signaled he was growing weary of quickly shoveling billions of dollars out the door even as the economy continues to crater.

The latest measure cleared the Senate by voice vote, but it was the product of days of fraught negotiations and false starts — and its success will be difficult to replicate as senators' frustrations over the extended recess pile up.

McConnell said the Senate will proceed “cautiously” to the next phase of coronavirus relief despite rapidly escalating demands for more aid from members of both parties. And he said that all 100 senators need to be around before Washington spends any more money on an unprecedented economic rescue of workers and businesses caught in the virus’ fallout.

“You’ve seen the talk from both sides about acting, but my goal from the beginning of this, given the extraordinary numbers that we’re racking up to the national debt, is that we need to be as cautious as we can be,” McConnell said. “We need to see how things are working, see what needs to be corrected, and I do think that the next time we pass a coronavirus rescue bill we need to have everyone here and everyone engaged.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mcconnell-slams-brakes-on-next-round-of-coronavirus-aid/ar-BB130rGG?ocid=spartanntp

STOP ALREADY 4 ISN'T ENOUGH? 5, 6, 7, 8?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 05:27:44 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: McConnell slams brakes on next round of coronavirus aid
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 05:27:13 am »
It's not done.  It's not close to done.  It's still unanimous.  Nobody is even complaining yet.  Nobody is willing to say no.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 05:29:50 am »
It's not done.  It's not close to done.  It's still unanimous.  Nobody is even complaining yet.  Nobody is willing to say no.

Now he says everyone will have to be there, and be engaged.  Couldn't do it too early after the public shaming they did of Congressman Massie.  Easy to sit from the comfort of your mansions and throw cash around without giving any explanations about what you are doing.  And now Trump is going to complain about Harvard?  I guess you had to read the bill to know what was in it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 05:31:36 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 02:33:06 pm »
SHAME LIST: Here are the largest public companies taking payroll loans meant for small businesses
Apr 21, 2020
Business

https://yournews.com/2020/04/21/1579273/shame-list-here-are-the-largest-public-companies-taking-payroll/

Something doesn't add up with all this reckless spending that this country cannot afford.  They are completely unfazed with the consequences and dolling out money one big bill after another.  This has to lead somewhere.  When other countries cannot purchase the debt.  Its Global debt caused by this.  So I am considering that they are heading us to the One World Government through this.  There is no way we can be this reckless.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 03:37:05 pm »
The public debt-to-GDP ratio is about to surpass the World War II pinnacle.  It stood at 35% in 2007 and is now over 100%.  I guess they're going to ride this horse until it collapses on top of them.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 01:39:51 am »
The public debt-to-GDP ratio is about to surpass the World War II pinnacle.  It stood at 35% in 2007 and is now over 100%.  I guess they're going to ride this horse until it collapses on top of them.
There is never too much debt to pile on America's children..........never.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 03:46:53 am »
The question is one of what reserve currency they will pay it off in.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 01:12:56 pm »

It turns out Cloward & Piven is not just some crank professor's pet theory.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 02:24:45 pm »
SHAME LIST: Here are the largest public companies taking payroll loans meant for small businesses
Apr 21, 2020
Business

https://yournews.com/2020/04/21/1579273/shame-list-here-are-the-largest-public-companies-taking-payroll/

Something doesn't add up with all this reckless spending that this country cannot afford.

@Chosen Daughter

Of course it adds up. The international bankers that lend the US (and other nations,as well) money each year and charge interest for it,want mo money and mo power.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!