Author Topic: Wisconsin's GOP-led legislature sues to block Gov. Evers' stay-at-home order  (Read 408 times)

Online Hoodat

Wisconsin's GOP-led legislature sues to block Gov. Evers' stay-at-home order

Louis Casiano | Fox News

Wisconsin's Republican-led legislature is asking the state Supreme Court to temporarily block enforcement of Democratic Gov. Tony Evers' stay-at-home order, which was recently extended through May.

An emergency petition filed with the court accuses Evers' administration of going beyond the executive branch's statutory powers.

"The public outcry over the Safer at Home order continues to increase as positive COVID cases decrease or remain flat," Speaker Robin Vos and Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said in a statement. "Wisconsinites are forced to sit by with no voice in the process. Other Midwestern states with more confirmed cases, like Ohio, have set firm dates to begin a phased reopening far earlier than the Evers administration."

The legislature is asking the court to block the order for six to allow for a new order that complies with state law. Ever extended the existing order through May 26 and canceled classes for the remainder of the school year last week.  .  .  .

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wisconsin-gop-legislature-gov-evers-stay-at-home-order

It's good to see that there are Republicans out there who are not afraid to fight against Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mortarman

Sleepy Evers is one of those effete elitist leftist facsists who don't think that the law does not apply to them. Butt they beliebe that they know better than everyone else.

:pop41:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 03:17:36 am by mortarman »
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.