Author Topic: Bill Clinton stopped CIA from killing bin Laden before 9/11: Documentary  (Read 492 times)

Offline corbe

Bill Clinton stopped CIA from killing bin Laden before 9/11: Documentary

by Zachary Halaschak

April 21, 2020 03:20 PM

Former President Bill Clinton signed an order preventing the CIA from organizing a kill operation against al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, according to a new documentary.

The revelation is discussed by former CIA station chief Bob Grenier in the new Showtime documentary The Longest War, which was released Tuesday. Grenier, who was based in Islamabad, Pakistan, explained that the agency was permitted to engage in “lethal activity” against the terrorist leader but could not perform a strike with the explicit purpose of killing him.

“We were being asked to remove this threat to the United States essentially with one hand tied behind our backs,” Grenier said. He also explained a specific opportunity that the CIA had to eliminate bin Laden using intelligence sourced from tribal networks in Afghanistan.

“Our tribal contacts came to us, and they said, ‘Look, he’s in this location now. When he leaves, he’s going to have to go through this particular crossroads.’ And so what they proposed was to bury a huge cache of explosives underneath those crossroads so that when his convoy came through, they could simply blow it up,” Grenier recounted. “And we said, 'Absolutely not.' We were risking jail if we didn’t tell them that.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/president-clinton-stopped-cia-from-killing-bin-laden-before-9-11-documentary
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

...  Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said during a February 2016 debate that Clinton actually missed numerous opportunities to kill the terrorist.

“The responsibility of 9/11 falls on the fact that al Qaeda was allowed to grow and prosper and the decision was not made to take out their leader when the chance existed to do so. Not once but four times according to the 9/11 report. President Clinton has acknowledged that as a regret,” he said.  ...
Gateway Pundit
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mortarman

You mean to say that when he ordered 48 BGM-109Cs to be launched against that baby aspirin factory in the Sudan, it wasn't an attempt to get Bin Laden butt in fact was meant to distract public attention away from his sexual pecadilloes? Say it ain't so?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

rangerrebew

CIA agents reveal Bill Clinton stopped them killing Osama Bin Laden and 'preventing 9/11' by signing a bill making it illegal to take deadly action - even when they had him cornered

The CIA had a 'lethal finding' bill that had been signed by President Clinton that said the purpose of an attack against Osama bin Laden couldn't be to kill him
    Tribal contacts suggested the CIA bury explosives underneath crossroads so that when his convoy came through they could blow it up
    But the agency risked jail due to the bill signed by Clinton in the 90s
    Marty Martin, who was a CIA counterterrorism officer at the time, said if 'Clinton had taken action and killed Osama bin Laden, there wouldn't have been a 9/11'
    Clinton told a small group of business leaders in Melbourne on September 10, 2001: 'I could have killed him, but I would have to destroy a little town'
    Ten hours later the first plane hit the World Trade Center in New York City

By Leah Simpson For Dailymail.com

Published: 15:45 EDT, 21 April 2020 | Updated: 03:50 EDT, 22 April 2020

CIA agents reveal Bill Clinton stopped them killing Osama Bin Laden and 'preventing 9/11' by signing a bill making it illegal to take deadly action - even when they had him cornered