Author Topic: FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test  (Read 467 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test
« on: April 21, 2020, 05:07:59 pm »
FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test
Fox News, Apr 21, 2020

The FDA has authorized the first diagnostic test with a home collection option for COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus.

In a statement released Tuesday, the FDA said that it had reissued an Emergency Use Authorization for LabCorp to COVID-19 RT-PCR Test to permit testing of samples that were self-collected by patients at home using LabCorp's Pixel by LabCorp COVID-19 Test home collection kit.

"Throughout this pandemic we have been facilitating test development to ensure patients access to accurate diagnostics, which includes supporting the development of reliable and accurate at-home sample collection options," said FDA Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn.

Coronavirus testing is in the spotlight as America fights to contain the outbreak. Data compiled by the CDC indicate that, since the start of April, up to 140,000 coronavirus tests a day have been conducted in the U.S.

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/science/fda-authorizes-first-at-home-coronavirus-test

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 10:54:44 pm »
I wonder how long before these test kits are mailed to EVERY home in the country....?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 12:27:40 am »
I wonder how long before these test kits are mailed to EVERY home in the country....?
"You are COVID-19 free, and your dog has a slight rhinitis..,"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis