Author Topic: Testicles may make men more vulnerable to coronavirus: study  (Read 650 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://nypost.com/2020/04/19/testicles-may-make-men-more-vulnerable-to-coronavirus-study/

The coronavirus could linger in the testicles, making men prone to longer, more severe cases of the illness, according to a new study.

Researchers tracked the recovery of 68 patients in Mumbai, India, to study the gender disparity of the virus, which has taken a worse toll on men, according to a preliminary report posted on MedRxix, which hosts unpublished medical research papers that have not been peer reviewed.

Dr. Aditi Shastri, an oncologist at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, and her mother, Dr. Jayanthi Shastri — a microbiologist at the Kasturba Hospital for Infectious Diseases in Mumbai — said the virus attaches itself to a protein that occurs in high levels in the testicles.

Dammit!
  Oh wait.  I'm married.  whew  *who knows*

« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 06:11:41 am by Once-Ler »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Testicles may make men more vulnerable to coronavirus: study
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 06:20:20 am »
Well, all those liberals should be safe. 888mouth :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 06:27:59 am »
Well, all those liberals should be safe. 888mouth :whistle:
I can't even imagine the political landscape in NY soon.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 06:29:57 am »
I can't even imagine the political landscape in NY soon.
Just Lollypops and rainbows... :whistle:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 10:06:13 am »
UpDATE @10......

Feminist activist encourage all men to have their's removed ASAP.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 11:42:05 am »
UpDATE @10......

Feminist activist encourage all men to have their's removed ASAP.

Say that ain’t so. How can they watch “ow, my balls” from “Idiocracy”?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 12:11:52 pm »
One of these two is safe, then, as is Brian Stelter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 12:29:08 pm »
Brian Stelter is counting on it:
Can Estrogen and Other Sex Hormones Help Men Survive Covid-19?
Men are more likely than women to die of the coronavirus, so scientists are treating them with something women have more of: female sex hormones.
By Roni Caryn Rabin
    April 27, 2020

As the novel coronavirus swept through communities around the world, preying disproportionately on the poor and the vulnerable, one disadvantaged group has demonstrated a remarkable resistance. Women, whether from China, Italy or the U.S., have been less likely to become acutely ill — and far more likely to survive.

Which has made doctors wonder: Could hormones produced in greater quantities by women be at work?  ...

Last week, doctors on Long Island in New York started treating Covid-19 patients with estrogen in an effort to increase their immune systems, and next week, physicians in Los Angeles will start treating male patients with another hormone that is predominantly found in women, progesterone, which has anti-inflammatory properties and can potentially prevent harmful overreactions of the immune system.

“There’s a striking difference between the number of men and women in the intensive care unit, and men are clearly doing worse,” said Dr. Sara Ghandehari, a pulmonologist and intensive care physician at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles who is the principal investigator for the progesterone study. She said 75 percent of the hospital’s intensive care patients and those on ventilators are men.  ...
New York Times
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 02:53:49 pm »
China Says Its Gender Imbalance "Most Serious" in the World

Like most Asian nations, China has a traditional bias for sons. Many families abort female fetuses and abandon baby girls to ensure their one child is a son, so about 118 boys are born for every 100 girls, against a global average of 103 to 107.

"Our country has the most serious gender imbalance that is most prolonged and affecting the most number of people," the National Health and Family Planning Commission said in a statement on its website.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/251129/population-in-china-by-gender/ Shows roughly 32 million more males than females in the population, an imbalance exacerbated by the one child policy and preference for male children.

C S Lewis