Author Topic: Battle Lines Drawn: Texas Opts for Liberty, While Washington State Makes Liberty Illegal  (Read 508 times)

rangerrebew

Battle Lines Drawn: Texas Opts for Liberty, While Washington State Makes Liberty Illegal
By Jeff Reynolds April 17, 2020

Pay attention, as today marks a pivotal point in American history as we struggle to recover from the coronavirus pandemic. Several states have banded together to oppose President Trump's framework for getting America back to work, while other states have shown a willingness to protect individual liberty and the livelihoods of Americans. No two states demonstrate this stark contrast better than Texas and Washington.

On the same day, Gov. Inslee (D-Wash.) and Gov. Abbott (R-Texas) issued statements that display the fundamental question facing America. Shall the United States remain a nation founded on liberty, or shall we capriciously remove those rights as an exercise to increase the power of the state?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/battle-lines-drawn-texas-opts-for-liberty-while-washington-state-makes-liberty-illegal/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
"Several states have banded together to oppose President Trump's framework for getting America back to work, while other states have shown a willingness to protect individual liberty and the livelihoods of Americans."

A divided America?
With "new slavery" states on one side, and the "traditional freedom" states on the other? Who could have seen this coming?

Take a minute and read this post by me, put up almost 10 years ago:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/2544934/posts?page=28#28

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
From the article:
"Several states have banded together to oppose President Trump's framework for getting America back to work, while other states have shown a willingness to protect individual liberty and the livelihoods of Americans."

A divided America?
With "new slavery" states on one side, and the "traditional freedom" states on the other? Who could have seen this coming?

I really miss Nathan Bedford.  He was one of the great ones of FR.  Try as we could to persuade him, he would not come to TBR.  I think he has an account, but never posted that I can recall.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 11:10:01 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

Nathan was a Jewel over there. Many were. I still run across old Freepers on other sites (not TOS), on occasion and am glad they're still engaged in OUR struggle for Conservatism.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Inslee went too far.  Its time to start winding it down and get people back to work.  Safely.  I believe it can be done, and for goodness sakes open up the parks and trails!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I really miss Nathan Bedford.  He was one of the great ones of FR.  Try as we could to persuade him, he would not come to TBR.  I think he has an account, but never posted that I can recall.

Yeah, I like him.  He was one of the very few that I ALWAYS read his posts as they would be thoughtful and conveying knowledge, one of the reasons a forum like this one was created for in the first place.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Inslee went too far.  Its time to start winding it down and get people back to work.  Safely.  I believe it can be done, and for goodness sakes open up the parks and trails!
The smartest thing Andrew Cuomo did in New York was to keep the parks and trails open for people to go outside.

"Stay inside" is horrible advice. Most of the spread of this happens inside closed doors. "Stay away from each other" is more apropos.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The smartest thing Andrew Cuomo did in New York was to keep the parks and trails open for people to go outside.

"Stay inside" is horrible advice. Most of the spread of this happens inside closed doors. "Stay away from each other" is more apropos.

I agree.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Yeah, I miss him, too. Along with some other posters who aren't here. 'nuff said. We fight with the army we have.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From the article:

A divided America?

Yep. As I have related to relatives back East, the difference is this. They often see Government as the letter of contracts, the benevolent hunting dog that brings in the bird, a lapdog who, having outgrown the lap, lays benevolently by the fire.

Out here in flyover country, our view is different. Government seldom appears that it is not here to take, a ravening wolf hungering for the offspring of our livestock, waiting to grab our children, and strip the meat from our bones.

Those views of government are not reconcilable.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis