Author Topic: Here’s How Much Downstate New York Is Skewing the United States’ Coronavirus Numbers  (Read 337 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://pjmedia.com/trending/heres-how-much-downstate-new-york-is-skewing-the-united-states-coronavirus-numbers/

Here’s How Much Downstate New York Is Skewing the United States’ Coronavirus Numbers
BY MATT MARGOLIS APRIL 18, 2020
Personally, I’ve thought for weeks we should be counting downstate New York separately from the rest of the country. Downstate has been so heavily impacted by the coronavirus that it skews the United States when you compare us to the rest of the world.
... I am only including Kings, Queens, New York, Suffolk, Bronx, Nassau, Westchester and Richmond Counties.  These counties have a population of 12,205,796, according to World Population Review’s numbers for 2020—bigger than many countries.

After compiling data for the top 30 countries with the most cases of the coronavirus, I ranked the top ten countries by confirmed cases per capita (per million) based on the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University’s data as of 11:00 am ET on April 18, 2020.
7. United States (2,135.43)
Separating downstate New York from the rest of the United States shows us just how bad the situation there is. In fact, the rest of the country doesn’t even rank in the top ten anymore (it comes in at #13).

But, as I’ve mentioned before, confirmed cases is not the best way to compare countries because of the discrepancies in testing between them. So, let’s compare these countries by the fatality rate per capita (per million).
8. United States (112.04)
Once again, downstate New York leads the pack, and the United States (without downstate New York) doesn’t even come in the top ten (it comes in at #11).

NYC is about 3%-4% of the US population, so it will have a significant impact. But its impact in this particular situation may be disproportional to that 3%-4%.

A couple of notes ... the view of NYC expressed by Margolis is similar to how Central Valley Californians view the Land of LA and SF. And how many in Oregon view Portland and Eugene. And how many in (Name of State) view (State's Major City).

What also caught my eye is that the countries with higher per-million cases and deaths are all EU (Schengen Zone) countries (though stats from China, Russia, and Iran are probably pixie dust from Neverland).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is important to read and understand. NYC and the surrounding counties propel the rest of the US into the top ten, in fact, by themselves NYC and those counties are number one, while the rest of the USA doesn't make the top ten

Keep in mind, though, that not only was the situation grossly mismanaged in NYC, but "presumed" cases are being written up as COD: COVID-19, with no test done.

While most would tend to downplay the result of their political incompetence (like the CCP did), the pols in NYC are even inflating those numbers. Obviously, there has to be a reason.

Cui bono?

Is this for funding, to be at the head of the line with the biggest hand out?

Or are the perpetrators of this misery looking to cash in on some political capital by trying to shift the blame to someone else?

I think we know the answer to those questions. (both)

It is beyond obscene that politicians in NYC and New York State would endanger (and likely cost) the lives of a multitude of their constituents and then seek to use the results of that for political gain. They are truly unfit to lead, and should tender their resignations.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis