Author Topic: 'If he's sitting watching TV, he should go to work': Cuomo roasts Trump over coronavirus response in  (Read 383 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cuomo-press-conference-today-trump-coronavirus-response-twitter-a9471381.html

'If he's sitting watching TV, he should go to work': Cuomo roasts Trump over coronavirus response in fiery press conference

“The state should this, the state should this, the state should this. Yes. Well, what support have you given the states? None. I mean, how can that even be? How is it even plausible as a strategy? It doesn’t work,” Mr Cuomo said.

“Don’t give them this massive undertaking and then not given them any resources to do it,” he added, referencing the states need for federal assistance. “The federal government cannot wipe their hands of this and say, ‘Oh, the states are responsible for testing.’ We cannot do it. We cannot do it without federal help.”
“First of all, If he’s sitting home watching TV, maybe he should get up and go to work, right,” he said. “Second, let’s keep emotion and politics out of this. And personal ego, if we can. Because this is about the people and it’s about our job.”
“What am I supposed to do? Send a bouquet of flowers?” Mr Cuomo asked. “They were very helpful ... I said thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. The president doesn’t want to help on testing. He wants to say ‘I did enough’. None of us have done enough. It’s not over. We have a lot more to do.”
“You want me to say thank you? Thank you for doing your job,” he said. “Thank you for participating in a modicum of federal responsibility in a national crisis, which you know is a national crisis because he declared a federal emergency. So thank you for having the federal government participate in a federal emergency.”

more at link.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=amPhqHy4fVw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=--4GVsUJFbw

It was nice while it lasted.  I'm actually shocked to see it lasted a month.  In almost every Trump or Cuomo press conferences they reach out to each other, to show America that partisanship can't divide our country when our fellow American's lives are on the line...and it could be that this is all Cuomo's fault, but it has been my experience that our President just doesn't work well with others.  Today our President called for Liberation from mitigation strategies in the very states he himself declared a disaster, and he made America worse IMO.  Judging from the way he pitted some Americans against Hispanics, Muslims, and Women to get elected, I don't think he ever expected to be a President of all the people.  He has always elevated himself, by having an enemy he can demonize.  "stupidest war" Dubya.  "Kenyan" Obama.  "captured" McCain, "Crooked" Hillary, "Low energy" Jeb, "Little" Marco, "Lyin'" Ted, and "Sleepy" Joe. 

I can't help wonder, when I watch Cuomo's press conference and then President Trump's, if electing a moron wasn't a mistake.  Again JMO.

Congratulations to those who worried about stimulus spending to prop up the economy, or an extension of the Paycheck Protection Plan.  That looks dead.  After just $2.2 Trillion it looks like our President wants to wash his hands of this problem and get back to golf.  He's done enough, and is tired of working with the Governors, and Congress.  When it came time for our President to unite a nation under crisis, he found ways to keep the divisions alive, because it's easier, and because that is what he is good at.

I had hoped we could put off blaming each other for failures, but since we are not co-operating, and actually back to open sabotage and obstruction
...there not much else to do while the death toll rises.  Expect that the story Sunday to be a nation divided, and still somehow after promises and more promises, a nation desperate for testing, and just in time for another devastating Market correction on Monday.  Hopefully, America will blame Pelosi, Whitmer, and Acosta.  I wouldn't bet money on it.  Very disappointing.

Also, I hope I'm wrong and my President just fell off the wagon.  A narcissist in love with himself is a kind of addiction.  It's understandable that he would fall back to his crutches.  Hopefully he remembers his legacy.  According to today's press conference my President is hoping 65K dead will earn him a passing grade in Nov.  :shrug:

Not in my grade book.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:16:25 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline mountaineer

Posted on Facebook, author unknown:
When the State tells you it's safe to go to Home Depot to buy a sponge but dangerous to go and buy a flower, it's not about your health.

When the State shuts down millions of private businesses but doesn’t lay off a single government employee, it's not about your health.

When the State bans dentists because its unsafe, but deems abortion visit is safe, it's not about your health.

When the State prevents you from buying cucumber seeds because it's dangerous, but allows in person lottery ticket sales, it's not about your health.

When the State tells you it's dangerous to go golf alone, fish alone or be in a motor boat alone, but the Governor can get his stage make up done, and hair done for 5 TV appearances a week, it's not about your health.
Sonny Corleone probably spends more time in front of a TV camera than Trump spends watching the tube. No one has handled this perfectly, from Fauci to Trump to the various governors, because no one knew how to handle an unprecedented pandemic perfectly. But it's utter nonsense, colored by irrational hatred, to believe Cuomo isn't the one with the largest of beams in his own eye.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Maybe Goobernor Cumo should deal with the Moron-Mayor of NYC instead of blathering his ignorance of what Trump has been doing every day for months in regard to this coronavirus.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Come on, man ... it's time for you to do less talking and take more action.

So, stop whining about testing in your state, and set up test checkpoints and start working with the labs in NY..

Step away from the camera and DO something!