Author Topic: Nearly 7,000 people have died of coronavirus in US nursing homes  (Read 417 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nearly 7,000 people have died of coronavirus in US nursing homes
By J. Edward Moreno - 04/17/20 05:54 PM EDT

At least 6,900 people living in nursing homes in the U.S. have died of the coronavirus, according to The New York Times.

Data analyzed by USA Today earlier this week showed state agencies have reported more than 3,000 people have died in nursing homes across 37 states.

Data from the Times shows much more than that, revealing that about a fifth of deaths from the virus in the United States have been tied to nursing homes or other long-term care facilities.

“They’re death pits,” Betsy McCaughey, former lieutenant governor of New York who founded the Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths, told the Times. “These nursing homes are already overwhelmed. They’re crowded and they’re understaffed. One Covid-positive patient in a nursing home produces carnage.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/493411-nearly-7000-people-have-died-of-coronavirus-in-us-nursing-homes
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Nearly 7,000 people have died of coronavirus in US nursing homes
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 01:07:33 am »
I'd bet one COVID staffer is worse.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis