Author Topic: NYC Mayor De Blasio calls for coronavirus bailout, eyes reopening city's economy in July, August  (Read 519 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

NYC Mayor De Blasio calls for coronavirus bailout, eyes reopening city's economy in July, August
Fox News, Apr 16, 2020

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio told "Bill Hemmer Reports" Thursday that the federal government must step in to make up a projected shortfall of more than $7 billion brought about by the coronavirus pandemic.

"Right now I've accounted for, and I'm very sorry to say this, $7.5 billion in lost revenue that we now know is going to hit this city," de Blasio told host Bill Hemmer. "We are one of the capitals of this country in terms of economic power and economic impact, and you know all that we do to help the American economy be strong, but we are not going to be able provide basic services in this city because we've got nowhere else to turn to get that kind of money."

De Blasio added that he was grateful for the help provided by the federal government, but said that much more was called for.

"They gave $58 billion to the airline industry," de Blasio claimed, "and here's the nation's largest city just trying to get by, the epicenter of the crisis."

The mayor also addressed when it would be appropriate to reopen the city's economy.

"The hope, Bill, is getting it right," de Blasio said. "But here's what I said to President Trump and Vice President Pence. I said, 'Look, we need to get it right. You got one chance to get it right.'"

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/media/de-blasio-coronavirus-bailout-nyc-reopening-economy

Offline dfwgator

De Blasio says NYC needs $7 billion in federal aid or ‘kiss the recovery goodbye’
NY Post, Apr 16, 2020

Mayor Bill de Blasio rolled out a proposed budget Thursday that shaved $6 billion from his initial request and begged the feds for a $7.4 billion injection of aid, linking New York’s recovery from the coronavirus to any national rebound.

“Everyone wants a restart, everyone wants our economy to recover,” de Blasio said. “But, there has to be a really clear understanding, if we can’t provide the basics for our people then you can kiss the recovery goodbye.”

He added: “If we are not strong, if our people are not safe, then this nation cannot recover.”

De Blasio, who is operating under a current budget of $92.8 billion, introduced an $89.3 billion revised budget proposal that shuts down the city’s public pools and axes other beloved summer programs.

The city budget has skyrocketed by more than 26 percent in six years under de Blasio, up from $72 billion in 2014.

The coronavirus has devastated key sources of revenue the city depends on to pay for police, teachers, parks, child care for working parents and other key services.

The city’s budget writers pegged the revenue losses at an estimated $7.4 billion. Meanwhile, the pandemic has compounded the budget woes with unexpected costs that could total $3.5 billion by December.

More:  https://nypost.com/2020/04/16/de-blasio-nyc-needs-7-billion-in-federal-aid-due-to-coronavirus/

We need a middle finger Emoji, stat @Cyber Liberty

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We need a middle finger Emoji, stat @Cyber Liberty

I'm not sure there exists one large enough for Blazz.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

I'm not sure there exists one large enough for Blazz.

88devil