Author Topic: Some stimulus checks are being sent to wrong accounts: 'The bank account number is not even close'  (Read 726 times)

Online libertybele

Ubelievable .... this is yet another cluster!  People can't even sign up to get their darn unemployment, or they are getting a letter saying that they are disqualified and now $$ is going to wrong accounts!  I think this rates right up there with Bammy's rollout of Bammycare.  I have absolutely no expectations of getting any $$ from the feds and IMHO the majority of people won't get Jack squat even though they've been told differently for weeks.

Some stimulus checks are being sent to wrong accounts: 'The bank account number is not even close'

Americans are confused about what happened to the stimulus check deposits that were supposed to show up in their bank accounts on Wednesday.

The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service launched the "Get My Payment" web application allowing people to track their payout, which was hit with early glitches at the time of launch.

About 80 million people were to receive the deposit this week, the Treasury Department said on Monday. But Wednesday, many people expressed concern when the government website said the cash, up to $1,200 a person, was sent to a bank account that didn't seem to belong to them......

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/04/15/stimulus-checks-going-wrong-bank-account-many-yes/5140966002/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Since we pay every year we had to use the Get My Payment ap...you get one shot at it and if that fails you have to wait 24hrs to try again, you are locked out.

After filling in all that was requested we get a pop-up saying "no account"...WTH!...then we are locked out.

On the IRS website we should get a paper check at the end of the month... 888mouth

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Since we pay every year we had to use the Get My Payment ap...you get one shot at it and if that fails you have to wait 24hrs to try again, you are locked out.

After filling in all that was requested we get a pop-up saying "no account"...WTH!...then we are locked out.

On the IRS website we should get a paper check at the end of the month... 888mouth

Yet another story is coming out that those who used H&R Block or Turbo Tax are also going to have to wait till that cluster is resolved as supposedly the direct deposit information wasn't available?  I declare b.s. -- both are supposed to send returns directly to the IRS ... so how can they not have the info?

I'm not going to even bother filling out the information to see - with my luck the information entered will be used to hack our account.

I'm not holding my breath and I'll stick by my prediction; the majority of Americans will not get jack.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mrclose

Payment for voting in November?  :shrug:

WASHINGTON – As many Americans receive $1,200 payments from the federal government to help offset the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic, some have been surprised to discover that their dead loved ones also were sent the funds.

"Ok this is insane, but just the tip of the iceberg," tweeted Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., who shared an image of a text from a friend that read: "Dad got his stimulus check of $1,200, He died in 2018 ... Does he have time to spend it online?"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/15/coronavirus-dead-americans-receiving-stimulus-checks/5138163002/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Snarknado

• Anti

I tried too but the site can't handle the traffic. Tomorrow the site is supposed to launch where you can enter direct deposit info - not much chance that will work either. (The one for non-filers has been up for 2 or 3 days - I don't see why a separate site is needed for filers). I'd wait for the paper check except that if it's delayed past the 2019 7/15 filing deadline I won't get anything...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've never filed taxes electronically or given them my bank information.

Guess I'll wait for a check, which will get here when it gets here.

The bank won't let me inside to deposit it, anyway. Guess I'll have to ask them to slip a deposit ticket under the door...  ;)

Online libertybele

I've never filed taxes electronically or given them my bank information.

Guess I'll wait for a check, which will get here when it gets here.

The bank won't let me inside to deposit it, anyway. Guess I'll have to ask them to slip a deposit ticket under the door...  ;)

We've never filed electronically either, nor give them bank information.

As for depositing -- can you not request a deposit ticket from the drive thru?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele asked:
"As for depositing -- can you not request a deposit ticket from the drive thru?"

Here in SW Connecticut, my bank had closed all their "drive thru windows" some time ago...

The only "drive ups" now are ATM's.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
From what I can tell, successfully accessing Get My Payment then lets filers enter bank info. Unfortunately I'm still getting "status not available"...
---

Offline mortarman

I jus' got back from a shopping run. Nothing serious, jus' a twelvepack of soda an' some cerial butt while I was there I checked my bank balance at the ATM an' it showed  $1200 higher than it was last Monday so I got my check. Of course I've been e filing my tax returns for the last 10 years with direct deposit an' while I worked for the PX at Ft. McCoy we all got paid by direct deposit. I haven't seen a Federal check since 2009. So I'm pretty sure the Treasury Dept. has my banking numbers.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Nice. I was pleasantly surprised to read somewhere that the payment is technically an advance payment of a refundable credit for the 2020 tax year. So even though I'm ineligible based on 2019 info, I may still be able to claim some of the credit when I file 2020 taxes.
---

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I finally got into the get my payment site and was able to enter bank info, so if you've been unable to access it I recommend trying again today...
---

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I finally got into the get my payment site and was able to enter bank info, so if you've been unable to access it I recommend trying again today...

Same here, hubby got through this morning and entered our bank info..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Well, after days of being told at "Get My Payment" that the IRS doesn't know who I am,  the site now tells me it needs my banking and tax info from 2018.  I thought they were supposed to have that information from my 2018  return or from Social Security which direct deposits my monthly "allowance."  I guess they lied to us.  I'm shocked, shocked, I tell ya!

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Well, after days of being told at "Get My Payment" that the IRS doesn't know who I am,  the site now tells me it needs my banking and tax info from 2018.  I thought they were supposed to have that information from my 2018  return or from Social Security which direct deposits my monthly "allowance."  I guess they lied to us.  I'm shocked, shocked, I tell ya!

The tax info is just part of the identity verification - SSN and address alone are nowhere near adequate. Even with the additional tax data, your preparer would have everything needed to send your payment to his own bank,

Some sort of special exception must have been made to allow the IRS to access SSA records en masse and since filers can be handled by check the permission may not have extended to them. Remember that,initially, non-filers were directed to supply bank info directly to IRS, first by filing a return, then via the portal they set up - IIRC SS recipients were included in that process until they approved the use of the SSA data.
---

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have 10 bucks to wager the cash ended up in Rat bank accounts.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

bele asked:
"As for depositing -- can you not request a deposit ticket from the drive thru?"

Here in SW Connecticut, my bank had closed all their "drive thru windows" some time ago...

The only "drive ups" now are ATM's.

We would be screwed -- we don't have nor want an ATM card.

Online libertybele

Well ... they have our 2018 tax return -- mailed in so hopefully we'll get a check mailed to us.  We also have our SS directly deposited ... so maybe will get stimulus that way?  Who knows. Not holding my breath and not going to submit our bank info on-line right now -- too easy for hackers.  With $$ going into wrong accounts I have no faith in their competency that they have a secured website.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I've given up on all of this. Ignoring it.
My paranoia will not allow me to trust anything.
I would rather forfeit the $1000 and retain my privacy and anonymity.
Not getting involved in this mess in any way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I've given up on all of this. Ignoring it.
My paranoia will not allow me to trust anything.
I would rather forfeit the $1000 and retain my privacy and anonymity.
Not getting involved in this mess in any way.

If you qualify you'll still be able to claim it when you file your 2020 return next year. Even if you didn't qualify based on 2019 (or 2018 if you didn't file 2019 yet)...
---