Author Topic: Bill Gates slams Trump's decision to halt WHO funding: 'As dangerous as it sounds'  (Read 842 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Bill Gates slams Trump's decision to halt WHO funding: 'As dangerous as it sounds'
Fox News, Apr 15, 2020

Following President Trump's announcement the U.S. will halt funding to the World Health Organization as it reviews how it has handled the coronavirus pandemic, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates criticized the decision, saying it "is as dangerous as it sounds."

"Halting funding for the World Health Organization during a world health crisis is as dangerous as it sounds," Gates tweeted Wednesday morning. "Their work is slowing the spread of COVID-19 and if that work is stopped no other organization can replace them. The world needs @WHO now more than ever."

Gates, who is worth some $104 billion, according to Forbes, has focused nearly all of his energy on public health responses since he announced in March he was stepping down from the board of directors of Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway to focus on philanthropy.

In February, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation committed up to $100 million to help fight against the virus, $20 million of which went toward groups such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the WHO.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/bill-gates-slams-trumps-decision-to-halt-who-funding-as-dangerous-as-it-sounds

Between this jackass and Jeff Bezos I'm beginning to think a person can be too rich.

Write WHO a damn personal check, Billy, and shut the hell up.

Online mountaineer

(I wish I knew the source of this meme)

Bill Gates' tweet:
Bill Gates  @BillGates
Halting funding for the World Health Organization during a world health crisis is as dangerous as it sounds. Their work is slowing the spread of COVID-19 and if that work is stopped no other organization can replace them. The world needs @WHO
 now more than ever.
1:17 AM · Apr 15, 2020
Erick Erickson's response:
Erick Erickson @EWErickson
This is why billionaires so often fail miserably at politics.  They're completely tone deaf to where the public is on something.  Defending WHO in light of the Chinese coverup is not smart.  Watching Democrats defend WHO makes me think Trump is going to get re-elected.
8:06 AM · Apr 15, 2020·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not to worry.  The funding will be more than restored by the Rats in the next "stimulus Bill" as a rider.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

There are not enough 22222frying pan  22222frying pan  22222frying pan  22222frying pan  22222frying pan s in the world to get into his armored-with-arrogance skull that WHO's 3 weeks of lying to the world about the transmissibility of this coronavirus plus WHO's 5+ weeks' condemnation of travel restrictions caused a 5-8 week delay of nations' responses.

Instead of buffering China's lies with skepticism and prudence, WHO was China's mouthpiece! WHO has the blood of 10s of thousands on its hands, including thousands of Americans! Why in HADES should the US continue to fund WHO without WHO being cleaned out like the Augean Stables?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So,tell that asshat to fund it himself.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
So,tell that asshat to fund it himself.

Gates, Zuchenberg, Bezos and the rest of their ilk are NWO globalist....  Hell with them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

China Boy says what?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Gates could buy the entire WHO the entire UN with his lunch money.
It is hilarious that he would be mad at the American government when he can put more money in himself than than the government can dream of.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Gates could buy the entire WHO the entire UN with his lunch money.
It is hilarious that he would be mad at the American government when he can put more money in himself than than the government can dream of.

It's important to Billy he takes the money from me and thee, and not donate it himself.  He despises charity than can otherwise be extracted from people at the muzzle of a gun. 9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's important to Billy he takes the money from me and thee, and not donate it himself.  He despises charity than can otherwise be extracted from people at the muzzle of a gun. 9999hair out0000
I'd wager a bunch of those 'fighting the virus' funds are going toward a vaccine that he will patent and sell to us after the WHO demands we all be vaccinated...

One hand washes the other.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd wager a bunch of those 'fighting the virus' funds are going toward a vaccine that he will patent and sell to us after the WHO demands we all be vaccinated...

One hand washes the other.

You don't need more than one hand to do what Bill's doing with himself.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

"Halting funding for the World Health Organization during a world health crisis is as dangerous as it sounds," Gates tweeted Wednesday morning. "Their work is slowing the spread of COVID-19

Their work is doing no such thing.  In fact, it was WHO who was telling the world that this disease couldn't be spread from human to human as late as February.  If Gates wants to fund WHO, then no one is stopping him.  But I sure as heck don't want my tax dollars funding it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-