Author Topic: Trump meets with recovered coronavirus patients  (Read 436 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump meets with recovered coronavirus patients
« on: April 14, 2020, 09:42:11 pm »
Trump meets with recovered coronavirus patients
The Hill, Apr 14, 2020

President Trump on Tuesday met with eight people who have recovered after being diagnosed with the coronavirus, including a Michigan state lawmaker who says her condition improved after taking an anti-malaria drug the president has touted as a potential cure.

The eight attendees came to the White House from California, Michigan and Arkansas, and the White House arranged their travel to Washington, D.C., according to an administration official. Federal social distancing guidelines urge Americans to avoid discretionary travel.

Among the guests was Karen Whitsett, a Democratic state representative who has expressed gratitude to Trump after she said taking hydroxychloroquine aided her recovery. The president has repeatedly urged patients to take the anti-malaria drug as a potential remedy for the virus, despite health experts warning that there is limited data to prove its effectiveness.

“Had you not brought this to the forefront … I wouldn’t be here today even having this conversation with you and being able to talk about the needs of Detroit," Whitsett said.

The state lawmaker described the ongoing fight against the virus in Michigan, saying she knew people with the disease who had difficulty getting into a hospital. She also urged officials to make hydroxychloroquine more readily available.

“I don’t see her voting for Sleepy Joe Biden Trump quipped at one point Tuesday, mocking the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee. "I’m not gonna ask her that question. If she votes for Sleepy Joe I’d be surprised."

Each of the attendees took a coronavirus test before meeting with Trump in the Cabinet Room, as has become standard for all White House guests who are in proximity to the president or vice president.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/492737-trump-meets-with-recovered-coronavirus-patients

Online Hoodat

Re: Trump meets with recovered coronavirus patients
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 09:57:09 pm »
Good move.  Hopefully, the press will notice that there are people who recover from this disease.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 10:46:06 pm »
I know it makes for a good photo-op, but can't say I approve of this.

Just too much chance that one or more of them might still be contagious...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 03:19:36 am »
I know it makes for a good photo-op, but can't say I approve of this.

Just too much chance that one or more of them might still be contagious...

I was thinking the same.