Author Topic: Biden’s ideas for re-opening America are painfully obvious and insipid  (Read 229 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden’s ideas for re-opening America are painfully obvious and insipid
American Thinker, Apr 13, 2020, Andrea Widburg

If Joe Biden weren’t such a corrupt, dissolute, politically vicious man, one might feel sorry for him as he simultaneously battles irrelevance and dementia while locked away in his home in Delaware. As it is, watching Biden public decay is the equivalent of watching someone take Dorian Gray’s picture out of the attic and place it in front of a television camera.

It doesn’t help Biden when his campaign churns out bland, meaningless bits of political pabulum that are meant to read as profound insights into public policy during a challenging time in America. The latest example is an opinion piece in the New York Times that purports to be Biden’s “plan to safely reopen America.” (This link is to the same article at MSN if the Times piece is behind a paywall.)

I use the word “purports” because there’s nothing in the writing that echoes Biden’s actual voice. It’s very much the work of a staffer and not a very bright one at that. Still, it has Biden’s name attached to it and the phrase “my plan,” so we’ll pretend he wrote it.

Here is Biden’s brilliant plan, distilled, paragraph by paragraph, to its essence:
1.Attack Trump.
2.Work on getting a vaccine for COVID-19.
3.Use social distancing to stop COVID-19’s spread.
4.Use the Defense Production Act.
5.Attack Trump.
6.Have more testing.
7.Attack Trump.
8.Work on producing anti-body tests.
9.Attack Trump.
10.Prepare hospitals for future COVID-19 flare-ups.
11.Re-open businesses, while expecting a gradual return to normal.
12.Talk to leaders in the private sector about ways for businesses to keep their employees safe.
13.Attack Trump.
14.Have OSHA work on ways to keep employees safe.
15.Focus on the racism inherent in COVID-19’s spread.
16.Work on a vaccine.
17.Attack Trump.
18.It’s all Trump’s fault.
19.I will do better.

More:  https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/04/bidens_ideas_for_reopening_america_are_painfully_obvious_and_insipid.html

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.