Author Topic: The Three Ks of Leadership – Part 2  (Read 153 times)

rangerrebew

The Three Ks of Leadership – Part 2
« on: April 13, 2020, 11:48:12 am »
The Three Ks of Leadership – Part 2

By Richard Clark MC

In Part 1 I talked about the need to occasionally Kiss your subordinates. Woo them. Make them feel special and valued. To follow on I want to give my take on the second of the 3 Ks – Kuddle. Kuddle is not about going into the office and tip-toeing around sensitive issues. It is definitely not a suggestion that success can be achieved exclusively by taking people aside and physically cuddling them! For me, Kuddle is about being less robotic and more human in the team environment. It is about working to engender trust and being willing to mentor your people. I have found that the results will undoubtedly profoundly impact what your team achieves.

But first, thanks to those who have responded to each of the previous articles. I have been asked why I feel the need to write about leadership. Security guys usually like to keep a low profile.

I write to share my views and generate discussion. The truth is, I feel fortunate that my experiences have enabled me to travel and meet so many different people:  rich and poor, those who have dedicated their lives to others, and those who generally want to be a better version of themselves. I have learnt from all of them and learnt about myself during my time with them. I feel there is something important in passing on the benefit of your experience. But let’s talk about the next K – Kuddle

https://thearmyleader.co.uk/kick-kuddle-3-ks-leadership/