Author Topic: Maryland governor calls disproportionate coronavirus deaths among African Americans 'very disturbing  (Read 758 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maryland governor calls disproportionate coronavirus deaths among African Americans 'very disturbing'
By Justine Coleman - 04/12/20 10:52 AM EDT

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) on Sunday called the disproportionate coronavirus deaths among African-Americans in his state “very disturbing” on Sunday.

The governor told ABC’s “This Week” that he requested a study to track the number of cases and deaths by race because it wasn’t being monitored by anyone, including the federal government.

The study found that black Marylanders make up 52 percent of the deaths from coronavirus, despite making up only 31 percent of the state’s population.

“This disparity among African-Americans is very disturbing,” Hogan said. “It’s why I called for the study. You know nobody was really tracking these things.”

He said the state has backtracked and completed 80 percent of its data and plans to release data by ZIP code Sunday or Monday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/492407-maryland-governor-calls-disproportionate-coronavirus-deaths-among
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Covid19 is racist or Trump deliberately released the virus in Black communities...

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Insidious and nefarious bourgeoisie capitalist pigs and their dirty, vile conspiracies against the proletariat!

We will bury you!

Viva la revolucion!
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
De wimmins n de chill-runs,deys alwaze de wuns hat risk,and hit bees de falts ob the ebil Republkans!

We all knew it was just a matter of time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

De wimmins n de chill-runs,deys alwaze de wuns hat risk,and hit bees de falts ob the ebil Republkans!

We all knew it was just a matter of time.

Yep dee prezidunt done find a way to target da Black man fo sure. He be plannin' dis fo yearz.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yep dee prezidunt done find a way to target da Black man fo sure. He be plannin' dis fo yearz.

@libertybele

One day,sooner or later,the typical black will wake up and discover how they have been used and abused by both their leadership (de rev-runds) over the decades,and the payback is going to be a terrible thing to watch.

I plan on toughing it out as long as it is shown on my teebee,though.

While keeping the cheering to an absolute minimum,of course.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

One day,sooner or later,the typical black will wake up and discover how they have been used and abused by both their leadership (de rev-runds) over the decades,and the payback is going to be a terrible thing to watch.

I plan on toughing it out as long as it is shown on my teebee,though.

While keeping the cheering to an absolute minimum,of course.

It is amazing that the Blacks just don't see their "own" ripping them off. I lived just outside of Detroit when Coleman Young was mayor.  He did a lot of good for the city on one hand and though he himself was never indicted for corruption, one of his cronies that served as police chief for 15 years was indicted and convicted for stealing $1.3 million from police undercover funds. The deputy police chief, was also charged and convicted in a separate case involving investment fraud and stealing an additional $1.3 million from the same fund.

They mayor was never charged and they re-elected him 5x!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Maryland governor calls disproportionate coronavirus deaths among African Americans 'very disturbing'

I call the disproportionate coronavirus deaths among States led by Democrat governors very disturbing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It is amazing that the Blacks just don't see their "own" ripping them off. I lived just outside of Detroit when Coleman Young was mayor.  He did a lot of good for the city on one hand and though he himself was never indicted for corruption, one of his cronies that served as police chief for 15 years was indicted and convicted for stealing $1.3 million from police undercover funds. The deputy police chief, was also charged and convicted in a separate case involving investment fraud and stealing an additional $1.3 million from the same fund.

They mayor was never charged and they re-elected him 5x!

I was born and raised in a small town 100 miles west of Deetroit, Coleman Young was a walking, talking disaster, and I saw nothing good about his reign.  He cheered "white flight," as it removed from his constituency the people who opposed him electorally.  He didn't give a rat's patootie about how that damaged the tax base of his bombed-out Beirut of a city.

Years after the '68 riots you could drive down Telegraph and see the still-boarded up businesses that were destroyed.  God save the poor souls that were caught on the wrong side of that road.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I was born and raised in a small town 100 miles west of Deetroit, Coleman Young was a walking, talking disaster, and I saw nothing good about his reign.  He cheered "white flight," as it removed from his constituency the people who opposed him electorally.  He didn't give a rat's patootie about how that damaged the tax base of his bombed-out Beirut of a city.

Years after the '68 riots you could drive down Telegraph and see the still-boarded up businesses that were destroyed.  God save the poor souls that were caught on the wrong side of that road.

@Cyber Liberty

Dat bees racist,n shit!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sneakin' Pete wrote:
"One day,sooner or later,the typical black will wake up and discover how they have been used and abused by both their leadership (de rev-runds) over the decades,and the payback is going to be a terrible thing to watch."

You or I ain't gonna be alive to see this happen.

What was that famous quote from LBJ ...?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sneakin' Pete wrote:
"One day,sooner or later,the typical black will wake up and discover how they have been used and abused by both their leadership (de rev-runds) over the decades,and the payback is going to be a terrible thing to watch."

Yeah, we have another 150 years to go.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Fishrrman

Not that he was a calculating man or a hypocrite,or anything........

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
It's comical reading this thread.

Do you think there is a viable progressive site on the web where "typical blacks" would be able to read "De wimmins n de dechillruns" and "He be plannin' dis fo yearz" by members? On which progressive site would such comments be allowed to stand?

So if you're a conservative black person, searching for like-minded folks and you come across this thread, what would you think? Throw my lot in with these people?

You may think, that while I am tired of the worst actors of my people defining our agenda, presuming to being our voice, and careening our masses down a misbegotten path engineered by liberal policy makers, does it better serve my basic need for self-respect, first and foremost, to join in with those who are openly contemptuous of people who look like me?

Jews consistently vote over 70% Democrat. Where is the mocking Yiddish dialect? So do Latinos, get them, too.
Asians even higher--have at it. Their votes are similarly hurting America--why not take them all down?

Or don't. Anyways, I'm going to step back.

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Hoodat

Do you think there is a viable progressive site on the web where "typical blacks" would be able to read "De wimmins n de dechillruns" and "He be plannin' dis fo yearz" by members? On which progressive site would such comments be allowed to stand?

So if you're a conservative black person, searching for like-minded folks and you come across this thread, what would you think? Throw my lot in with these people?

You may think, that while I am tired of the worst actors of my people defining our agenda, presuming to being our voice, and careening our masses down a misbegotten path engineered by liberal policy makers, does it better serve my basic need for self-respect, first and foremost, to join in with those who are openly contemptuous of people who look like me?

Thank you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's comical reading this thread.

So if you're a conservative black person, searching for like-minded folks and you come across this thread, what would you think?

@FeelNoPain

If it were me and I were black,what *I* would think is "These people are honest people,and ALMOST have as much contempt for those whiners and slackers as I do."s

I had a black friend in the army from Philly named Williams. He was a senior NCO,liked country music,and mostly hung out with whites because there weren't that many blacks in SF at that time,and
and he liked hanging with people that treated him as an equal instead of some sort of pampered pet they had to tiptoe around.

This was in the 60's,and the only time I ever saw him get upset was when some black solider from the 82nd  gave him a Black Power salute. He went completely unhinged,and went OFF on that ignorant turd,calling him the "N-word" and everything else he could think of,finishing off with "I am NOT a African,I am an AMERICAN,and don't you ever forget it,BOY!"

I have known and been friends with a few others with similar outlooks,but not quite as radical as him.

The funny part is one of his proudest possessions was his membership card in the KKK. He LOVED taking that out to show people what a fine,discriminating group of people they were to have a fine American like him as a member.

Oh,and he wasn't light-skinned,either. He was so black he was almost shiny.

BTW,what's next in your PC agenda? Are we going to have to stop the "Florida Man" threads too? Most/damn near all of those goobers are white. Are you going to complain to the National Association of Poor White Trash about us?

Enquiring minds,and all dat.

Jews consistently vote over 70% Democrat. Where is the mocking Yiddish dialect? So do Latinos, get them, too.
Asians even higher--have at it. Their votes are similarly hurting America--why not take them all down?
. I
My,but you seem to be a sensitive little twit. So sensitive you think this is about race instead of stupid people doing stupid things.

Which begs the question,"Who is the REAL racist"?