Author Topic: Look At How Ridiculously Wrong All The COVID-19 Models Were  (Read 2480 times)

Online DB

Re: Look At How Ridiculously Wrong All The COVID-19 Models Were
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2020, 05:29:29 pm »
That is a current theory being batted about. My daughter who was in Xining, China at the time had a particularly unpleasant "bug" in December - a couple of weeks, IIRC - and thinks it could have been this coronavirus. The problem with the theory is that AFAIK there wasn't a corresponding spike in deaths. The earlier-than-thought theory could probably, to some degree, be tested by people like you or my daughter being tested to see if you have the antibodies.

The fact that there wasn't an apparent death spike in December along with overloaded hospitals is a strong argument that it wasn't this strain of coronvirus.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2020, 05:55:33 pm »
The fact that there wasn't an apparent death spike in December along with overloaded hospitals is a strong argument that it wasn't this strain of coronvirus.
Maybe. It depends on the populations infected, and then there is a delay of up to two weeks for onset. Before the Coronavirus was acknowledged and tests were available, the question also arises of how many who died of COVID-19 or related complications were credited for having died of the underlying medical conditions they likely presented with?  We may be missing the early end of the curve, and the CCP was trying to cover up the virus early on as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2020, 06:19:02 pm »

I would not rely on reports from China about any deaths recorded in December, there may well have been a spike.  They have been, to put it kindly, wildly inaccurate in their stats. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2020, 06:24:07 pm »

Compared to what?  December 2018?  How does March 2020 compare to March 2019?  Also, how will March 2021 compare to March 2019?  If there is a rise this year, I expect a fall next year.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2020, 07:32:39 pm »
I would not rely on reports from China about any deaths recorded in December, there may well have been a spike.  They have been, to put it kindly, wildly inaccurate in their stats.

I'm talking about a spike in California where a number of people think they caught this virus back in December. I give little value to China's numbers.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2020, 07:35:57 pm »
I'm talking about a spike in California where a number of people think they caught this virus back in December. I give little value to China's numbers.
We don't know how many nonlethal cases there have been, where or when. That denominator has been missing from the whole assessment of mortality from the beginning.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2020, 07:37:12 pm »
Maybe. It depends on the populations infected, and then there is a delay of up to two weeks for onset. Before the Coronavirus was acknowledged and tests were available, the question also arises of how many who died of COVID-19 or related complications were credited for having died of the underlying medical conditions they likely presented with?  We may be missing the early end of the curve, and the CCP was trying to cover up the virus early on as well.

Wherever this virus has gone unchecked the hospitals fill up quickly. I'm not aware of any run on hospital space in December of last year in California. The theory being that California had an early go at the virus and is why they didn't have high numbers like NY over the last couple of months. My point being, if the virus (at least the strain that is ravaging NY) had arrived in California back in December there would be evidence of it by the hospitals being overrun along with a higher number of deaths than usual.

Online DB

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2020, 07:40:21 pm »
We don't know how many nonlethal cases there have been, where or when. That denominator has been missing from the whole assessment of mortality from the beginning.

I agree with that. But nevertheless a small percentage of those infected have a bad reaction requiring hospital care. That small percentage is still easily large enough to overrun the hospitals if it had swept through in December. Especially in a state with 40 million people.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2020, 10:14:53 pm »
Wherever this virus has gone unchecked the hospitals fill up quickly. I'm not aware of any run on hospital space in December of last year in California. The theory being that California had an early go at the virus and is why they didn't have high numbers like NY over the last couple of months. My point being, if the virus (at least the strain that is ravaging NY) had arrived in California back in December there would be evidence of it by the hospitals being overrun along with a higher number of deaths than usual.
I think there are other factors. I do not think the California spike (if there was one, hospitalized or not) was as high. California is car culture, not subway culture. individual space reigns in Cali, Shared space in NYC: Elevators, subways, transit buses and trains, taxicabs (shared space, just serially), heavy sidewalks, crowds. stairwells.

I think the opportunity for transmission in NYC is multiples what it is in California.

3700 deaths were summarily added to the death toll in NYC, with no evidence of the virus being involved. ("presumed")

Other environmental factors may apply.

We know how many dead there are in NYC (well sorta, the number is inflated), but not how many got well, were asymptomatic, or had mild cases.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2020, 11:12:27 pm »
I think there are other factors. I do not think the California spike (if there was one, hospitalized or not) was as high. California is car culture, not subway culture. individual space reigns in Cali, Shared space in NYC: Elevators, subways, transit buses and trains, taxicabs (shared space, just serially), heavy sidewalks, crowds. stairwells.

I think the opportunity for transmission in NYC is multiples what it is in California.

3700 deaths were summarily added to the death toll in NYC, with no evidence of the virus being involved. ("presumed")

Other environmental factors may apply.

We know how many dead there are in NYC (well sorta, the number is inflated), but not how many got well, were asymptomatic, or had mild cases.

That is all true. But that also contradicts the theory that it already passed through California providing herd immunity. If it passed through California enough to provide herd immunity millions (> 15 million) of people would have had to have gotten it. There's no indication that is the case at all. At least with the same strain that is on the east coast.

Again, my point is that the theory that it already passed through California back in December is flawed for all the reasons stated. It is more likely that the people being further apart and social distancing accounts for the lower numbers there. Not the theory that it already passed through there providing herd immunity. And if all that is true then when the restrictions are lifted the cases of infection are likely to rise substantially because the virus is still around (especially with all the travel in and out of California) and people don't have immunity to it.

Now, perhaps it is possible a different strain passed through California that was significantly milder while still providing immunity to the east coast strain. There was some talk about creating an alternate milder strain purposely infecting people to provide immunity to the bad strain in a paper I posted some days ago. Perhaps nature could have done that all by itself. That will require antibody test evidence to determine.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 11:13:33 pm by DB »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2020, 12:35:30 am »
That is all true. But that also contradicts the theory that it already passed through California providing herd immunity. If it passed through California enough to provide herd immunity millions (> 15 million) of people would have had to have gotten it. There's no indication that is the case at all. At least with the same strain that is on the east coast.

Again, my point is that the theory that it already passed through California back in December is flawed for all the reasons stated. It is more likely that the people being further apart and social distancing accounts for the lower numbers there. Not the theory that it already passed through there providing herd immunity. And if all that is true then when the restrictions are lifted the cases of infection are likely to rise substantially because the virus is still around (especially with all the travel in and out of California) and people don't have immunity to it.

Now, perhaps it is possible a different strain passed through California that was significantly milder while still providing immunity to the east coast strain. There was some talk about creating an alternate milder strain purposely infecting people to provide immunity to the bad strain in a paper I posted some days ago. Perhaps nature could have done that all by itself. That will require antibody test evidence to determine.
Without antibody tests all but the social factors and population density are speculative. I think that there was less infection in California. The West Coast virus sure seemed lethal enough in close quarters, like nursing homes in Washington, but then, too, there are the underlying medical conditions present in nursing homes that contribute to mortality.
NY's median age is about three years older than California, but still in the 30s.
Bottom line, we need more data.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2020, 01:22:02 am »
This may already be the "second wave."  I know several people in Cali that swear they had this bug in December-January, which is why they're not dropping like New Yorkers there.  I think we caught it ourselves when we visited in December...we came home to AZ and spent the better part of a week getting over it.  The symptoms were very unusual, and we thought it was just a new flu.

That scenario is widely discussed in SoCal. Separate articles about Santa Clara/NorCal indicate the same.

In my immediate family we think we had something back in Dec-Feb general timeframe.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2020, 01:29:06 am »
That scenario is widely discussed in SoCal. Separate articles about Santa Clara/NorCal indicate the same.

In my immediate family we think we had something back in Dec-Feb general timeframe.

We visited the OC around then, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2020, 03:11:35 pm »
And uglier than a mud fence, to boot.  I'm not gonna risk crashing TBR by posting a picture....

Ugly Contest:

Julianne Malveaux vs
Maxine Yoogly Waters vs
Average "Feminist" such as, oh Andrea Dworkin
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2020, 03:17:11 pm »
Ugly Contest:

Julianne Malveaux vs
Maxine Yoogly Waters vs
Average "Feminist" such as, oh Andrea Dworkin

Rush Limbaugh's Undeniable Truth #24:

"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to
the mainstream of society."
I will NOT comply.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2020, 10:04:50 pm »
But... but... there could be a second wave! Be afraid! Be very afraid!!!!1 :laugh:
My personal opinion(which isn't worth a lot), is that with sunshine and the warmer weather finally hitting with spring we are going to see a real drop in infections, just as we have with every flu pandemic or not and so far we still have more flu infections and deaths than Covid - 19 deaths though it's hard to compare since there is a healthy monetary incentive to classify deaths as caused by Covid.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2020, 01:29:48 am »
My personal opinion(which isn't worth a lot), is that with sunshine and the warmer weather finally hitting with spring we are going to see a real drop in infections, just as we have with every flu pandemic or not and so far we still have more flu infections and deaths than Covid - 19 deaths though it's hard to compare since there is a healthy monetary incentive to classify deaths as caused by Covid.
People tend to be outdoors more, not cooped up breathing the same air. Spring is great, open the windows and air the place out...

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2020, 01:32:26 am »
People tend to be outdoors more, not cooped up breathing the same air. Spring is great, open the windows and air the place out...

Most people's vitamin D levels also go up when the sunshine comes.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2020, 01:35:00 am »
Most people's vitamin D levels also go up when the sunshine comes.
Not to mention losing the winter fat...

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2020, 01:40:08 am »
Shit.  Spring Cleaning.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2020, 03:45:15 am »
That is what has made the difference.

Lives have been saved.

Not really.  By staying inside we've done a disservice to the population by slowing the spread.  People need to be exposed to it to build up the herd immunity.

All staying inside isolated has done is allow a chance for a second round of this to hit the population and allow the government to force us to stay inside longer and for businesses to stay closed longer.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2020, 03:51:31 am »
Not really.  By staying inside we've done a disservice to the population by slowing the spread.  People need to be exposed to it to build up the herd immunity.

All staying inside isolated has done is allow a chance for a second round of this to hit the population and allow the government to force us to stay inside longer and for businesses to stay closed longer.

Excellent.  Then I can go back to blaming President Trump for everything. /sarc
I still think my President saved 10s of thousands of lives by acting when he did.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2020, 04:07:11 am »
Excellent.  Then I can go back to blaming President Trump for everything. /sarc
I still think my President saved 10s of thousands of lives by acting when he did.

No he didn't.  But then yo'd have blamed Trump regardless.

By the time this is all sussed out we'll find out that the percentage of people that died form the Chinese Virus was at the same level as those that die form the flu every year.

But by then the damage will have been done.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2020, 04:17:22 am »
By the time this is all sussed out we'll find out that the percentage of people that died form the Chinese Virus was at the same level as those that die form the flu every year.

But by then the damage will have been done.

Infections
COVID-19: Approximately 2,345,633 cases worldwide; 735,287 cases in the U.S. as of Apr. 19, 2020.*
Flu: Estimated 1 billion cases worldwide; 9.3 million to 45 million cases in the U.S. per year.

Deaths
COVID-19: Approximately 161,262 deaths reported worldwide; 39,090 deaths in the U.S., as of Apr. 19, 2020.*
Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu