Author Topic: More than 2,200 coronavirus deaths in nursing homes, but federal government isn't tracking them  (Read 358 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More than 2,200 coronavirus deaths in nursing homes, but federal government isn't tracking them
The numbers are likely a significant undercount, given the limited access to testing and other constraints, state officials and public health experts say.

April 10, 2020, 3:07 PM CDT / Updated April 10, 2020, 5:33 PM CDT
By Suzy Khimm, Laura Strickler, Andrew Blankstein and Peter Georgiev

Nearly 2,500 long-term care facilities in 36 states are battling coronavirus cases, according to data gathered by NBC News from state agencies, an explosive increase of 522 percent compared to a federal tally just 10 days ago.

The total dwarfs the last federal estimate on March 30 — based on “informal outreach” to state health departments — that more than 400 nursing homes had at least one case of the virus.

The full scale of the virus’ impact is even greater than NBC News’ tally, as key states including Florida did not provide data, and nursing homes across the United States are still struggling for access to testing.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/more-2-200-coronavirus-deaths-nursing-homes-federal-government-isn-n1181026
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If all these states are under 'lockdown', and have been, then how are all these people getting sick?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LadyLiberty

[quote author=Smokin Joe link=topic=397999.msg2188335#msg2188335 date=15866485
If all these states are under 'lockdown', and have been, then how are all these people getting sick?
[/quote]

I have read that many of these facilities use part time help and those workers are employed by more than one facility. One state (can't remember if it was my state or another) has ordered employees at these facilities to work in only one location. Forces the nursing homes to hire full time to avoid cross-contamination.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
[quote author=Smokin Joe link=topic=397999.msg2188335#msg2188335 date=15866485

I have read that many of these facilities use part time help and those workers are employed by more than one facility. One state (can't remember if it was my state or another) has ordered employees at these facilities to work in only one location. Forces the nursing homes to hire full time to avoid cross-contamination.
But they'd have to provide health insurance, then! (sorta sarcasm).

Seems like someone somewhere hasn't been screening their employees, either that or there are people who are asymptomatic remaining undetected, and still shedding virii. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler