Author Topic: Michigan order banning travel 'between residences' takes effect  (Read 629 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Michigan order banning travel 'between residences' takes effect
The Hill, Apr 11, 2020

An extension of Michigan’s stay-at-home order barring residents from buying nonessential items or traveling “between residences” in the state except to perform essential activities went into effect Saturday morning.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) signed the order Friday evening after announcing it Thursday, also extending the order directing residents to stay in their homes until May 1. It's one of the most aggressive orders a U.S. state has issued since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

"All public and private gatherings of any size are prohibited," Whitmer said at a news conference Friday.

The order has been the subject of criticism for apparent loopholes and inconsistencies, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Though Michigan residents cannot visit their own cottages, residents from neighboring states can visit their vacation homes in Michigan. And while the state’s scope of nonessential items is broad — including goods such as paint and garden equipment — it also allowed the purchase of lottery tickets.

"These businesses are essential — to us," Terressa Carson, a Michigan resident who relies on her home garden for produce told the Free Press.

Whitmer said the state took aggressive action considering it has the third highest number of cases in the nation and continues to see more each day. As of Saturday morning, the state has reported 22,783 cases and 1,281 deaths.

More:  https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/492334-michigan-order-banning-travel-between-residences-takes-effect

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Michigan order banning travel 'between residences' takes effect
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 11:20:55 pm »
When we start watering the tree of liberty, let's be sure to put Witmer at the top of the list of tyrants. 

This is unfreakinbelievable. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 11:31:02 pm »
When we start watering the tree of liberty, let's be sure to put Witmer at the top of the list of tyrants. 

I dunno. Let's see what the others come up with. They all seem to be trying to outdo each other.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 11:33:00 pm »

It is sure is unbelievable wow smh
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 12:42:21 am »
This is one of the two Governors to issue an EO prohibiting Doctors from writing off-label scripts to treat COVID-19.  She was pissed Trump touted it, with Z-Paks, for treating a dreaded disease.  IOW, she was against it because Trump was for it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 12:43:52 am »
When is her recall election?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 12:18:03 pm »
Sean Spicier @sean_spicier
To further slow the spread of COVID-19, Michigan’s Governor Whitmer has banned sharing of the same wifi signal
5:28 AM · Apr 13, 2020

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 01:00:26 pm »
Governor "Karen".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 02:24:20 pm »
Governor "Karen".

Is she yelling at a cat?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 02:42:52 pm »
Sean Spicier @sean_spicier
To further slow the spread of COVID-19, Michigan’s Governor Whitmer has banned sharing of the same wifi signal
5:28 AM · Apr 13, 2020

@Once-Ler

Please tell me that's a joke.

The saddest part of this is I have to ask.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 03:17:14 pm »
@Once-Ler

Please tell me that's a joke.

The saddest part of this is I have to ask.

"Sean Spicier" is satire. His "name" is a take-off of the name of a former Trump Administration person, Sean Spicer, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Spicer .

#################

I've seen it claimed that because of carelessly broad wording in the section of Whitmer's order closing down all public and private campus-based (a distinction she failed to make) schools, homeschooling is also banned. ****slapping  ****sheep****
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 03:22:28 pm »
"Sean Spicier" is satire. His "name" is a take-off of the name of a former Trump Administration person, Sean Spicer, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Spicer .

#################

I've seen it claimed that because of carelessly broad wording in the section of Whitmer's order closing down all public and private campus-based (a distinction she failed to make) schools, homeschooling is also banned. ****slapping  ****sheep****
[/quote

@PeteS in CA

Thanks!

It's getting harder and harder with each day that passes to tell fiction from reality.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 03:34:44 pm »
It's getting harder and harder with each day that passes to tell fiction from reality.
I hear that.  :yowsa: