Author Topic: Following ‘Very Good Conversation’ With Chinese President Xi, Trump Refers to the ‘CoronaVirus’ in T  (Read 255 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Following ‘Very Good Conversation’ With Chinese President Xi, Trump Refers to the ‘CoronaVirus’ in Tweet
Posted at 7:09 am on March 27, 2020 by Elizabeth Vaughn

In a Thursday night telephone call, Chinese President Xi Jinping told President Trump that relations between the U.S. and China had reached an “important juncture.”

According to Xinhua News Agency, a state-run media outlet, Xi said, “Both sides will benefit if we cooperate, both will lose if we fight each other. Cooperation is the only correct choice. I hope the U.S. side could take real actions. The two sides should work together to enhance cooperation fighting the virus and develop non-confrontational relations.”

He also told President Trump, “I am very worried about the outbreak in the U.S., and I’ve noticed the series of measures being taken by the U.S. president. Chinese people sincerely hope the outbreak can be contained very soon.”

Xi said “he hoped the US would take “effective measures” to safeguard the lives of Chinese citizens in the US” and described the Coronavirus as the “common enemy of mankind.”

Following the call, President Trump tweeted, “Just finished a very good conversation with President Xi of China. Discussed in great detail the CoronaVirus that is ravaging large parts of our Planet. China has been through much & has developed a strong understanding of the Virus. We are working closely together. Much respect!

It’s notable that the President referred to the virus as the “CoronaVirus” instead of the “Chinese virus.”

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2020/03/27/chinese-president-asks-trump-to-take-substantive-actions-to-improve-us-china-relations/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.