Author Topic: Easter Tornado Threat Poses Safety Dilemma During Pandemic  (Read 390 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Easter Tornado Threat Poses Safety Dilemma During Pandemic
« on: April 11, 2020, 08:49:04 pm »
Breitbart News 11 Apr 2020

The threat of strong tornadoes on Easter is posing a double-edged safety dilemma for Deep South communities deciding how to protect themselves during the coronavirus pandemic

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — The threat of strong tornadoes and other damaging weather on Easter posed a double-edged safety dilemma for Deep South communities deciding how to protect residents during the pandemic.

An outbreak of severe thunderstorms was likely Sunday from Louisiana through the Tennessee Valley, the National Weather Service said. More than 4.5 million people live in the area where dangerous weather was most likely, including Birmingham and Jackson, Mississippi, the Storm Prediction Center said on its website.

The National Weather Service office in Jackson told residents to brace for the possibility of long-lasting tornadoes, wind gusts up to 70 mph (113 km) and tennis ball-size hail through Sunday evening. Storms could continue into early Monday.

Seeking protection from violent weather during the coronavirus pandemic could present a challenge for some.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/news/easter-tornado-threat-poses-safety-dilemma-during-pandemic/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Easter Tornado Threat Poses Safety Dilemma During Pandemic
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 10:27:25 pm »
There was a confirmed tornado in Western PA Wednesday morning.  Friday, some towns here had snow (once again, the snow missed me).

But you should have seen and heard people on tv  -- even some local meteorologists -- carrying on as if this weather meant Armageddon.  Of course, they tied it all into the climate change hoax.  They all said, or at least acted like, this weather has never happened before. 

Nonsense!  Sure tornadoes are a rarity here, but they have happened.  As for snow -- technically, this region could have snow till the end of May.  Latest I've seen it is May 1. 

But then again, I'm an old lady and maybe I've seen more than these young whippersnappers.  Just because they've never seen snow in April or a tornado in this region doesn't mean they have never happened before.