Author Topic: Researchers Discover NO Proof ‘Social Distancing’ Leads to Fewer Coronavirus Patients  (Read 519 times)

rangerrebew

Researchers Discover NO Proof ‘Social Distancing’ Leads to Fewer Coronavirus Patients

A group of researchers recently noted that they found no proof that “social distancing” led to fewer cases of coronavirus.

Published 1 day ago

on April 10, 2020

By Warner Todd Huston

A group of researchers recently noted that they found no proof that “social distancing” led to fewer cases of coronavirus.

The forthcoming paper has been written by Harvard psychiatry professor Alexander Tsai that aims to “assess the extent to which social distancing has restrained the growth” of the pandemic.

For the paper, social distancing was described as “executive orders, state of emergency declarations, restrictions on travel, school closures, etc.”

https://thewashingtonsentinel.com/researchers-discover-no-proof-social-distancing-leads-to-fewer-coronavirus-patients/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They aren't standing far enough away.

(Radio crackles~"I can still see you, back off another 100 yards")
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'll do social distancing.

What are you better off with? Being in a packed bus? Or being 6 feet away from someone and I think Drudge Report came up with some article that maybe breathing the same air of someone 13 feet away could even be contagious.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The takeaway I get from this is that VOLUNTARY social distancing works. MANDATORY distancing, on the other hand, isn't helpful.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gemmarose

The takeaway I get from this is that VOLUNTARY social distancing works. MANDATORY distancing, on the other hand, isn't helpful.

I totally agree  :beer: :beer:
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep!  888high58888
People will do what they want to, but if you TELL THEM THEY HAVE TO, they'll resist.

It's human nature.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'll do social distancing.

What are you better off with? Being in a packed bus? Or being 6 feet away from someone and I think Drudge Report came up with some article that maybe breathing the same air of someone 13 feet away could even be contagious.

All you're doing is prolonging the epidemic.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Gemmarose

Yep!  888high58888
People will do what they want to, but if you TELL THEM THEY HAVE TO, they'll resist.

It's human nature.

It is like telling a toddler or a teenager who knows everything that dreaded word no.
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline roamer_1

Yes, but it is a bit more complicated than that... City vs. town vs. rural, as I said before, are different logistical sets and should be treated differently... and perhaps your 'voluntary' is better presented as true quarantine vs. this silly quasi-quarantine which has been imposed.

To someone who is personally threatened, having preexisting conditions, the threat is real, and self preservation requires a true and mindful self-imposed quarantine, practiced with discipline. Whereas, by and large, quasi-quarantine means very little.

I have said that this quasi-quarantine may work on the personal level, but is nearly useless in the aggregate. And the numbers are kinda heading that way.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 07:33:23 pm by roamer_1 »