Author Topic: Kentucky cops vow to record license plates, force 14-day quarantine on Easter churchgoers  (Read 1258 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kentucky cops vow to record license plates, force 14-day quarantine on Easter churchgoers
April 11, 2020 | Samantha Chang

In another shocking development during the coronavirus crisis, Kentucky state police will record the license plates of anyone who attends church on Easter Sunday (the holiest day in Christianity) and report them to local health officials so they can be forcibly quarantined.

Kentucky’s Democrat governor Andy Beshear made the stunning announcement at a press conference on Friday.

“We’re having to take a new action,” Beshear said. “It’s that any individual that’s going to participate in a mass gathering of any type that we know about this weekend, we’re going to record license plates and provide it to local health departments.”

Beshear continued: “Local health departments are going to come to your door with an order for you to be quarantined for 14 days.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/04/11/kentucky-cops-vow-to-record-license-plates-force-14-day-quarantine-on-easter-churchgoers-907436
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good thing Jesus even loves a$$hole$.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Beshear's Progressive BFF down in Louisville...Mayor Greg Fischer is doing the same thing.  I guess ankle monitors on self quarantine patients wasn't statist enough for him.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Polly Ticks

Thank God!  Someone with some common sense!

Tom Fitton
@TomFitton
·
10m
BREAKING: Court issues Temporary Restraining Order against Louisville ban on drive-in church services for Easter! Hallelujah!

Now they need to block Gov. Beshear's unconstitutional edict as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Polly Ticks

@Polly Ticks

Tom Fitton
@TomFitton
·
10m
BREAKING: Court issues Temporary Restraining Order against Louisville ban on drive-in church services for Easter! Hallelujah!

That is a good start. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

@Polly Ticks

Tom Fitton
@TomFitton
·
10m

Good! Time to rein in some of the nonsense before it gets too far out of hand.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

“We’re having to take a new action,” Beshear said. “It’s that any individual that’s going to participate in a mass gathering of any type that we know about this weekend, we’re going to record license plates and provide it to local health departments.”

Beshear continued: “Local health departments are going to come to your door with an order for you to be quarantined for 14 days.”

So if you lend your car to someone and they drive it to a church, someone will come to your door with an order (not signed by a judge) that places you under house arrest?  Seriously?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So if you lend your car to someone and they drive it to a church, someone will come to your door with an order (not signed by a judge) that places you under house arrest?  Seriously?

That's exactly what he's saying.  I'm honestly surprised Beshear won't strap an ankle monitor on you like the Louisville mayor is doing.

Offline roamer_1

I don't think so, Scooter.

If there is a single thing on the planet that would encourage me to go to church (outside of my religious convictions), it would be Uncle Nanny threatening me for going.

Offline Smokin Joe

If there is a single thing on the planet that would encourage me to go to church (outside of my religious convictions), it would be Uncle Nanny threatening me for going.
Might be one way to get a crowd back in front of the pulpit...

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@roamer_1 and to think there are/were people mocking us for talking about the police state happening during this pseudo crisis.

Offline roamer_1

Might be one way to get a crowd back in front of the pulpit...

I'll be in the front dang row.  :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

@roamer_1 and to think there are/were people mocking us for talking about the police state happening during this pseudo crisis.
It wasn't a question of IF, but one of WHEN the fear and panic would overrule common sense.
Some people's reaction to not being able to control everything is to clamp down harder.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

@txradioguy
Dunno why - I seen it coming miles off, like the dust kicked up on a dirt road...
What bothers me is that even with it becoming evident, people (even here) are applauding.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It wasn't a question of IF, but one of WHEN the fear and panic would overrule common sense.
Some people's reaction to not being able to control everything is to clamp down harder.

It's also IMHO the natural reaction of the statist to use the cover of an event to implement draconian restrictions they wouldn't otherwise be able to get away with and to it in the name of "safety".

I mean you have cops in Greenville MS flat out telling a pastor his rights have been "suspended".

That's a situation that wouldn't have been able to even be imagined a couple months ago.

Now you've got the Governor of my state telling people if you gather at church we are going to forcible detain you in your house for 14 days.

A clear violation of the 1st and 4th Amendments.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy
Dunno why - I seen it coming miles off, like the dust kicked up on a dirt road...
What bothers me is that even with it becoming evident, people (even here) are applauding.  *****rollingeyes*****

That's the most disturbing part of it all.

Online libertybele

It's also IMHO the natural reaction of the statist to use the cover of an event to implement draconian restrictions they wouldn't otherwise be able to get away with and to it in the name of "safety".

I mean you have cops in Greenville MS flat out telling a pastor his rights have been "suspended".

That's a situation that wouldn't have been able to even be imagined a couple months ago.

Now you've got the Governor of my state telling people if you gather at church we are going to forcible detain you in your house for 14 days.

I'm wondering IF these violations will be challenged in court.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

The clear way forward is mass nullification. And I will be greatly disappointed if Kentucky bends under this. I predict overflowing churches in Kentucky for Easter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm wondering IF these violations will be challenged in court.

@libertybele

I know the 1st Amendment violations in Mississippi have been mentioned as court cases.

It's clear that the Louisville case was granted an expedited hearing since Das Furher Fischer only laid down his edict yesterday.

I'm just curious as to why the ACLU has been so silent on this issue.

Offline Gemmarose

I'll be in the front dang row.  :laugh:

:amen: Save me a spot
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The clear way forward is mass nullification. And I will be greatly disappointed if Kentucky bends under this. I predict overflowing churches in Kentucky for Easter.

I'm hoping for that too.  If that happens I'll make sure I post a thread on it.

Offline Hoodat

It certainly violates the spirit of Amendment I if not the exact wording (i.e. Congress shall make no law).  But it absolutely positively violates Section 1 of the Kentucky State Constitution:

Section 1 Rights of life, liberty, worship, pursuit of safety and happiness, free speech, acquiring and protecting property, peaceable assembly, redress of grievances, bearing arms.

All men are, by nature, free and equal, and have certain inherent and inalienable rights, among which may be reckoned:
First: The right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties.
Second: The right of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of their consciences.
Third: The right of seeking and pursuing their safety and happiness.
Fourth: The right of freely communicating their thoughts and opinions.
Fifth: The right of acquiring and protecting property.
Sixth: The right of assembling together in a peaceable manner for their common good, and of applying to those invested with the power of government for redress of grievances or other proper purposes, by petition, address or remonstrance.
Seventh: The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons.
[/size]

https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/Law/Constitution/Constitution/ViewConstitution?rsn=3
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It certainly violates the spirit of Amendment I if not the exact wording (i.e. Congress shall make no law).  But it absolutely positively violates Section 1 of the Kentucky State Constitution:

Section 1 Rights of life, liberty, worship, pursuit of safety and happiness, free speech, acquiring and protecting property, peaceable assembly, redress of grievances, bearing arms.

All men are, by nature, free and equal, and have certain inherent and inalienable rights, among which may be reckoned:
First: The right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties.
Second: The right of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of their consciences.
Third: The right of seeking and pursuing their safety and happiness.
Fourth: The right of freely communicating their thoughts and opinions.
Fifth: The right of acquiring and protecting property.
Sixth: The right of assembling together in a peaceable manner for their common good, and of applying to those invested with the power of government for redress of grievances or other proper purposes, by petition, address or remonstrance.
Seventh: The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons.
[/size]

https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/Law/Constitution/Constitution/ViewConstitution?rsn=3

Indeed it does...but to Liberals like Beshear and Fischer the Constitution...even the state Constitution is just a suggestion to them and not hard and fast law.

As for the 1st Amendment in the bill of rights as it concerns this I was thinking of the part that says where religion is concerned " the free exercise thereof"

Online Polly Ticks

Yep. Including anyone who went and donated plasma yesterday because they have already recovered and have the antibodies.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Polly Ticks

@txradioguy

The liberal fawning over Beshear is enough to turn a strong stomach.

Just one small example: