Author Topic: The End Liners of The Pandemic  (Read 175 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The End Liners of The Pandemic
« on: April 11, 2020, 02:43:54 pm »
April 11, 2020
The End Liners of The Pandemic
By L.E. Ikenga

Within three hours of me arriving at work, the Director of Housekeeping was already in tears, with all sorts of obscenities spewing from her mouth. The morning nursing supervisor had just demanded that she “find some place” for all of the bodies. She did not want the dead to be left in the rooms. “Where the f*** does she want me to put all these people? That’s Margret in one of those rooms. She was my friend. I’m not going to dump her body in the stinking basement — I’m not doing it. They can fire me. I don’t care.”

Taking out the dead (YouTube screen grab, cropped)

More than 15 residents had died within the last 48 hours at the 150-bed skilled nursing facility. Because of the rate at which the patients were dying, when I got to work there was nowhere to put me. All of the nurses and ancillary staff were already in place. I worked on call throughout the city and was a last-minute addition to what had initially been an urgent staffing request. Now, I was being told to stay downstairs to organize paperwork, take temperatures, and distribute face masks to everyone coming in. I was thankful for the break, knowing that there would be less confusion in the lobby than on the medical units. I was wrong.

Family members, many of whom where not allowed past the lobby, kept streaming in and out. They were panicked, angry, and wanted to know what was going on. The mailman was refusing to have his temperature taken; food delivery persons who spoke little to no English didn’t understand what I needed them to do; pairs of first responders were sprinting in and out with gurneys and oxygen tanks. They moved fast. A few of them barely giving me time to point the forehead thermometer for a reading.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/04/the_end_liners_of_the_pandemic.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The End Liners of The Pandemic
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 03:03:36 pm »
I have little doubt the people in this human interest story have had some miserable experiences.

In that, my heart goes out to them and I pray for their well being, spiritually and physically.

However, my brain is saying rather cynically, Okay, the numbers didn't match projections, despite New York's best efforts,  so we're rolling the emotional side of this to distract people from those shortfalls and keep the panic going.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis