Author Topic: Top Navy admiral open to bringing back fired aircraft carrier captain  (Read 407 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Ryan Morgan  April 10, 2020

The U.S. Navy’s top uniformed official could consider reinstating Capt. Brett Crozier, the former commanding officer of the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, pending an investigation of his being relieved of command.

Adm. Michael Gilday, the chief of naval operations, said on Thursday he wouldn’t rule out reinstating Crozier following the completion of a Navy internal investigation, the Wall Street Journal reported. Gilday said, “I am taking no options off the table as I review that investigation. I think that is my responsibility.”

Crozier was relieved of his command of the carrier following an outbreak of coronavirus last month that led the ship to divert from its course through the Philippine Sea and seek quarantine in Guam. Then-acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly said the Navy was sending medical support and negotiating the process of off-loading many aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt before Crozier sent a memo pleading for offloading and quarantining many of the crew for a two week period.

Some 416 crew members have already tested positive since the carrier diverted its course after the Navy confirmed the ship’s first three coronavirus cases on March 24. One of those infected members has been moved to an intensive care unit after being found unresponsive. Crozier himself tested positive with coronavirus.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/04/top-navy-admiral-open-to-bringing-back-fired-aircraft-carrier-captain/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Top Navy admiral open to bringing back fired aircraft carrier captain
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 12:17:14 am »
Shocking.  Not.  Who cares if the Skipper of an aircraft carrier sent a telegram to our enemies, by golly he's on the right side of the COVID panic.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 04:57:58 am »
American Military News by  Ryan Morgan  April 10, 2020

The U.S. Navy’s top uniformed official could consider reinstating Capt. Brett Crozier, the former commanding officer of the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt,

@Elderberry

Yeah,and Trump whispering "ya betta not!" in his ear may have had something to do with that,too,
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 11:06:08 am »
I'll be posting an article in a few minutes which reports some 2,000 members of the crew are going to be sequestered in Guam.  That doesn't leave enough to operate the ship efficiently which was his point in the beginning.  The onset of this whole controversy began about 3 weeks ago and the Navy command is just getting around to taking serious measures to contain the problem which says more about the speed of the Navy "chain of command" than anything I could say. tri22

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 01:03:10 pm »

The onset of this whole controversy began about 3 weeks ago and the Navy command is just getting around to taking serious measures to contain the problem which says more about the speed of the Navy "chain of command" than anything I could say. tri22

@rangerrebew

The Navy brass don't give a Pelosi about anything but fluffing each other and playing "dress up",just like they were in the military.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 11:56:07 am »
@rangerrebew

The Navy brass don't give a Pelosi about anything but fluffing each other and playing "dress up",just like they were in the military.

I spent 4 years watching the brass in action.  I had two COs in that time, one from the academy and one was a mustang.  The big difference was the mustang always looked out for his men, the academy grad - not so much.  If you are lucky enough to have an academy grad who also cares about his men (and women) keep him.  The Navy needs more of them. :patriot:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 01:23:28 pm »
In my 4 yrs I had 3 COs. The first was a Mustang, actually the Bull Lieutenant of the Navy at the time. He was a great man to work for. He got passed over too many times and he retired. My next 2 were awful to work for.

My dad was a Mustang Lieutenant in WWII. He was always proud that he could wear his Good Conduct medal as an officer.