Author Topic: Dr. Anthony Fauci: 'The virus kind of decides' whether it's right to reopen things  (Read 365 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dr. Anthony Fauci: 'The virus kind of decides' whether it's right to reopen things
Washington Times, Apr 10, 2020

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Friday said the spread of the coronavirus will determine when officials might relax social distancing guidelines and push for a “reopening” of the U.S. economy.

“As I’ve said so many times … the virus kind of decides whether or not it’s going to be appropriate to open or not,” Dr. Fauci said on CNN’s “New Day.”

“We would want to see — I would want to see — a clear indication that you are very, very clearly and strongly going in the right direction,” said Dr. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. “We’re looking for the kinds of things that would indicate that we can go forward in a gradual way to essentially reopen the country to a more normal way.”

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/10/dr-anthony-fauci-virus-kind-decides-whether-its-ri/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This freakin' leprechaun needs to be kicked back into his lane -- and kicked hard. 

Offline mountaineer

What has this guy accomplished during his 30+ years in government "service"? Why were we not better prepared? Should he bear any responsibility?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
If one of these worthless reporters were to ask him...Specifically doctor, what are the metrics that trigger the reopening of the economy, he would not be able to verbalize anything.  He would utter generalities, with no specifics.  It is this clown and others with their models that have proven consistently wrong that this country is listening to, along with the president and governors who shut this country down.

Just like with the Africa Ebola outbreak, Tom Frieden, head of the CDC and the brilliant CDC forecast 1.2 million deaths, and it was 11,323 deaths over two years.  Once again, Dr Fauci and other CDC, NIH, etc folks predicted 1.2 to 2.2 million deaths in the USA this year, and they have now lowered their prediction to 60,000, and we all know we will not hit anything near that. We will end with a number equal to a bad flu season, and we are destroying our country over this nonsense.

I understand being shut down because our medical system could not deal with the influx of patients, but I would guess that once 75% of that influx is out of the hospital, we could resume the economy.  This clown makes it sound like we have to wait until there are zero COVID19 patients.

We have extremely limited testing STILL; no antibody testing to inform them exactly what percent of the population has been infected STILL; grossly inadequate supplies, no preparation for this pandemic STILL, and we are supposed to trust the judgment of these clowns because they have a bunch of letters after their name?  Hell no!!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Lucky for us we have a brilliant Technocrat like Fauci to translate from COVID-ese to English!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dr. Anthony Fauci: 'The virus kind of decides' whether it's right to reopen things...

Occam's razor applies.
He's dead-on right.

Addendum:
It's being able to properly interpret and apply the data given to us (by the virus) that will make the difference...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 12:18:19 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Dr. Anthony Fauci: 'The virus kind of decides' whether it's right to reopen things...

Occam's razor applies.
He's dead-on right.

Addendum:
It's being able to properly interpret and apply the data given to us (by the virus) that will make the difference...

I dispute his credentials to make such a call, based on his history prior to this event.  He's a technocrat, with an eye to enhancing Democrats' chances at the polls.  He's no friend of ours.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: