Author Topic: 80% of NYC's coronavirus patients who are put on ventilators ultimately die, and some doctors are tr  (Read 434 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Business Insider by Sinéad Baker 4/9/2020

80% of NYC's coronavirus patients who are put on ventilators ultimately die, and some doctors are trying to stop using them

Some doctors are trying to reduce their reliance on ventilators for coronavirus patients because of reports of abnormally high death rates for patients using the machines, The Associated Press reported on Wednesday.

New York City officials have said at least 80% of coronavirus patients who were on ventilators in the city died, the AP reported. Unusually high death rates have also been recorded elsewhere in the US and the world.

Ventilators are typically used only for the worst-affected patients, and there are no drugs approved to treat COVID-19, so this could help explain the higher death rate.
But doctors have also said ventilators can damage the lungs — and while the machines may be an effective way to treat other respiratory illnesses, some are looking for alternative treatments.

Because there is a global ventilator shortage, doctors and healthcare systems have called for more to be made or bought quickly to treat the worst-affected patients.

More: https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-ventilators-some-doctors-try-reduce-use-new-york-death-rate-2020-4

Offline DB

So the whole ventilator treatment position may have been premature.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So the whole ventilator treatment position may have been premature.

Often doing more harm than good.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien