Author Topic: Bernie Sanders’ Hollywood supporters are ‘devastated’ he dropped out  (Read 292 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-04-08/bernie-sanders-dropout-president-celebrity-reactions
Famous Bernie Sanders critics and supporters alike are coming together on social media to thank the senator for a hard-fought presidential campaign.

Sarah Silverman, John Cusack, Mark Ruffalo, Mia Farrow, Alyssa Milano, Jonathan Van Ness and other celebrities are taking to Twitter to bid Sanders farewell after he dropped out of the 2020 race on Wednesday, with former Vice President Joe Biden emerging as the clear Democratic contender.

“Wow. I’m heartbroken about Bernie,” comedian Silverman tweeted, comparing the politician to universally beloved TV icon Mister Rogers. “In all this darkness, he made me believe that people, together, could be the light. He continues to be an inspiration. And he’ll never stop fighting for us. Thank you, Bernie.”

Model and “Gone Girl” actress Emily Ratajkowski, another avid Sanders fan, echoed Silverman’s despair, punctuating her message with the hashtag

“I feel so hopeless and devastated and powerless,” she wrote.
:silly: :rolling: :mauslaff: :laughingdog:
More hilarity at link.

I can't embed twitter video but you all will love this.  I can't stop watching it
no sarc tag coming

https://twitter.com/KateHydeNY/status/1248056757789827072

Offline mortarman

If they feel this way now, watch their heads 'splode in August when the Dis-Loyal Opposition pulls the bait an' switch an' replaces Shortbus Joe with the Pantsuit Assassin. I gotta pick up a new lawn chair an' cooler so I can enjoy the fireworks.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Bernie hasn't dropped out ... he's keeping hid delegates and collecting more right up to the convention.

Apparently, he's just stopped campaigning.

The DNC has a hot mess on their hands.  A presumed candidate for president who has to be kept hidden and a  fractured base.   This pleases me.   happy77