Author Topic: A timeline of Trump's missed opportunities on coronavirus  (Read 596 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
A timeline of Trump's missed opportunities on coronavirus
« on: April 09, 2020, 02:18:46 am »
Politics

David KnowlesEditor
Yahoo NewsApril 8, 2020, 12:32 PM PDT

David KnowlesEditor

Trump says he never saw a January WH memo warning of the impact from coronavirus
Yahoo News Video

Scroll back up to restore default view.

As the deadly coronavirus outbreak rapidly spread across America in February and March, President Trump repeatedly asserted that “nobody could have predicted something like this.” But a review of government records shows that repeated warnings were issued to the White House and went unheeded.

U.S. intelligence officials with the National Center for Medical Intelligence issued a report in late November warning that a virus was taking root in China, ABC News reported Wednesday. “Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event,” a source inside the government told ABC, and the report was shared with the White House, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the Defense Intelligence Agency. It is unclear whether Trump was ever briefed on the NCMI report, but sources who spoke to ABC described multiple briefings about the report throughout December for “policymakers” as well as officials at the National Security Council and the White House.

The first confirmed case in China of what would later be identified as COVID-19, the disease that can result from exposure to the coronavirus, was reported on Dec. 10. By then, U.S. intelligence officials, using intercepted computer data and satellite imagery, had already detected the impact of the virus on daily life in the city of Wuhan and the surrounding area.

On Dec. 31, the Chinese government publicly confirmed that dozens of people in Wuhan were being treated for pneumonia-like symptoms. Three days later, on Jan. 3, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said he first learned of the spread of the virus in China at a White House briefing attended by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Robert Redfield. Again, it is unclear whether Trump was notified at that time.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: A timeline of Trump's missed opportunities on coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 02:53:50 am »

step right up. Step right up!!

Get your daily leftist talking points from Yahoo.
Get your daily leftist talking points from YahooGet your daily leftist talking points from YahooGet your daily leftist talking points from Yahoo

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 03:04:13 am »
I suppose Ike had a lot of "missed opportunities" too while planning the D-Day Invasion.

This is a "war", and wars are a series of calamities that result in victory.

And I think Trump is the kind of guy who will make sure when this is over that the lessons learned will be applied for the future.  Something Obama obviously failed to do after the 2009 H1N1 Pandemic.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 03:17:35 am »
I think on this board, there are opinions from we shouldn't do much about it to begin with to those who see the dangers, over-the-top or not. I thought, the OP was skeptical about this illness.  This will all be discussed for some time, I'm not accepting too much with those blaming Trump until we are able to hear some response to the allegations.

And in all fairness, that "impeachment" farce was just an attempt to overthrow a duly elected president.

We have 3 branches of Federal Government, we have the Foreign Affairs committees or it's equivalent in both House and Senate. It seems they should have been alert to this as well.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 03:27:57 am »
I don't get it, this is all from China yet, some, don't say anything about China and go after Trump.

FDA and CDC did not have testing kits fully ready until the end of February,  we started restricting flights coming in right away and Trump was accused of racism.

An attempted coup d'etat was in motion and that can not be understated.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 02:33:47 pm »
I don't get it, this is all from China yet, some, don't say anything about China and go after Trump.

FDA and CDC did not have testing kits fully ready until the end of February,  we started restricting flights coming in right away and Trump was accused of racism.

An attempted coup d'etat was in motion and that can not be understated.

Couldn't be me.  I have said plenty about China.  I think they should be forced to pay for their bioterrorism.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 02:42:02 pm »

step right up. Step right up!!

Get your daily leftist talking points from Yahoo.
Get your daily leftist talking points from YahooGet your daily leftist talking points from YahooGet your daily leftist talking points from Yahoo

I bet your one that gets your secret messages and information from Q anon.

Did the president send you all a message that he has everything under control?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 02:43:40 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 04:38:01 pm »
Knock it off!  This Topic is for the sole purpose of tearing down the President and his actions re COVID, so one cannot be surprised when the source gets treated as such.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 04:48:58 pm »
Wuhan! Wuhan! Wuhan! (Russia! Russia! Russia! Redux)

This story by ABC has already been debunked directly by the agency (NCMI) named in this hit piece.

Just more deep state disinformation leaks to their co-conspirators in the media.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 04:53:08 pm »
Wuhan! Wuhan! Wuhan! (Russia! Russia! Russia! Redux)

This story by ABC has already been debunked directly by the agency (NCMI) named in this hit piece.  Just more deep state disinformation leaks to their co-conspirators in the media.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,397701.msg2186633/topicseen.html#msg2186633

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 05:10:58 pm »
Politics

David KnowlesEditor

David KnowlesEditor

Trump says he never saw a January WH memo warning of the impact from coronavirus
Yahoo News Video

Scroll back up to restore default view.

As the deadly coronavirus outbreak rapidly spread across America in February and March, President Trump repeatedly asserted that “nobody could have predicted something like this.” But a review of government records shows that repeated warnings were issued to the White House and went unheeded.

U.S. intelligence officials with the National Center for Medical Intelligence issued a report in late November warning that a virus was taking root in China, ABC News reported Wednesday. “Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event,” a source inside the government told ABC, and the report was shared with the White House, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the Defense Intelligence Agency. It is unclear whether Trump was ever briefed on the NCMI report, but sources who spoke to ABC described multiple briefings about the report throughout December for “policymakers” as well as officials at the National Security Council and the White House.

The first confirmed case in China of what would later be identified as COVID-19, the disease that can result from exposure to the coronavirus, was reported on Dec. 10. By then, U.S. intelligence officials, using intercepted computer data and satellite imagery, had already detected the impact of the virus on daily life in the city of Wuhan and the surrounding area.

On Dec. 31, the Chinese government publicly confirmed that dozens of people in Wuhan were being treated for pneumonia-like symptoms. Three days later, on Jan. 3, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said he first learned of the spread of the virus in China at a White House briefing attended by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Robert Redfield. Again, it is unclear whether Trump was notified at that time.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/

Seriously...what the heck is wrong with you?

Why would you put out this kind of utterly debunked propaganda...are you HOPING for a Biden Presidency?

Pushing this kind of nonsense makes no sense whatsoever unless you genuinely want to turn the White House over to the Dems. Is that really your goal?

I ask these questions sincerely...not a gotcha...because I'm absolutely out of answers as to why anyone to the right of Susan Collins would advocate for the things you are putting forward.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 05:39:03 pm »
I'm reading newsbusters.org a lot recently because that is one place that will defend against these theories. Also, I haven't been able to tune into Mark Levine this week but he's good at this as well.

Defense Official Shoots Down ABC Report Alleging Trump Admin Ignored Virus Warnings
By Kristine Marsh | April 9, 2020 10:13 AM EDT

ABC is quietly sweeping under the rug their own sensational report they hyped all day Wednesday, which suggested the Trump administration ignored warnings of an impending pandemic, back in November. That report is now in dispute, as the very military intelligence agency which ABC’s unnamed sources cited, has come out denying the existence of such an intelligence assessment.
During Wednesday’s Good Morning America, co-anchor Michael Strahan breathlessly touted the “exclusive” report ABC had acquired, alleging that the military's “National Center for Medical Intelligence warned the military and the White House late last year about the spread of coronavirus in China.” On the screen read, "Missed warning signs? Sources: Intelligence officials warned of crisis as early as November." Correspondent Cecilia Vega also suggested President Trump was lying about when he knew about the virus spread:

More: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2020/04/09/defense-official-shoots-down-abc-report-alleging-trump-admin

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 06:05:53 pm »
I am so damned tired of the premise of these articles/threads.  The whole damned world is on its knees.  Finite resources are pulled and strained beyond the break point. 

Yet, we KNOW who to blame. 

What the hell is wrong with us?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 06:10:47 pm »
DEEP STATE EVERYWHERE. PURE EVIL

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 06:12:51 pm »
This appears to be the actual source of the article, https://bbs.wforum.com/wmf/bbsviewer.php?trd_id=459259

It misses a "few" important events between December 31 and January 10, So being the kind guy I am ( :silly: ), I'll fill in some:

Wuhan Municipal Health Commission claimed no evidence of human-human transmission or infected medical staff: December 31, 2019, http://wjw.wuhan.gov.cn/front/web/showDetail/2019123108989  (Chinese language, second paragraph)

Genomics company employee ordered by Hubei Provincial Health Commission official to stop testing and destroy samples: January 1, 2020, https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/how-early-signs-of-the-coronavirus-were-spotted-spread-and-throttled-in-china

China's National Health Commission ordered institutions not to publish any information and ordered labs to transfer samples to testing institutions (without designating an institution) or to destroy them: January 3, 2020, https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/how-early-signs-of-the-coronavirus-were-spotted-spread-and-throttled-in-china

Wuhan Municipal Health Commission claimed no evidence of human-human transmission or infected medical staff: January 3, 2020, http://wjw.wuhan.gov.cn/front/web/showDetail/2020010309017  (Chinese language)

Wuhan Municipal Health Commission claimed no evidence of human-human transmission or infected medical staff: January 5, 2020, http://wjw.wuhan.gov.cn/front/web/showDetail/2020010509020  (Chinese language)

CDC issued a Level 1 travel notice for Wuhan, China: January 6, 2020, https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2020/01/cdc-issues-level-1-watch-travel-notice.html

CDC established a coronavirus incident management system: January 7, 2020, https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/videos/coronavirus/COVID-19-webinar.pdf

WHO recommends against international travel restrictions: January 10, 2020, https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/who-advice-for-international-travel-and-trade-in-relation-to-the-outbreak-of-pneumonia-caused-by-a-new-coronavirus-in-china/

WHO recommends against international travel restrictions: January 10, 2020, https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/who-advice-for-international-travel-and-trade-in-relation-to-the-outbreak-of-pneumonia-caused-by-a-new-coronavirus-in-china/

I could, I'm sure, do an info-dump, but I think the above suffices to show that this OP article is a propaganda hit-piece. It cherry-picks a few facts and leaves the fact-tree loaded with many relevant unpicked fact-cherries.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 06:20:33 pm »
I am so damned tired of the premise of these articles/threads.  The whole damned world is on its knees.  Finite resources are pulled and strained beyond the break point. 

Yet, we KNOW who to blame. 

What the hell is wrong with us?

Here is a strangely absent sentiment, of these supposedly "conservative" forums; "Thank God, it turned out better than hoped."

I'm listening to Limbo, and frrom somebody that has benefitted so much from top notch medical care, I think he's losing his intellectual sharpness.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 06:50:30 pm »
This article has been refuted several times...locked
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 06:54:22 pm »
NCMI Director Counters ABC Story Claiming November Intelligence Document Laid Out Coronavirus Concerns
https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/08/national-center-for-medical-intelligence-director-counters-abc-coronavirus/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34