Author Topic: 9th Circuit Court Axes Trump Administration Plan to Thin Forests to Manage Wildfires  (Read 255 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by Penny Starr 7 Apr 2020

The Trump administration has been working to prevent the deadly wildfires that have plagued the West by putting in place forest management practices, including thinning forests in Oregon to reduce fire fuel.

But environmental activists have taken the matter to court and found judges in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit who ruled the United States Forest Service put the plan in place “without assessing its environmental impact.”

Courthouse News reported on the legal battle:

In 2018, several conservation groups sued the agency over plans to sell timber harvested from about 12,000 acres of public land, including roughly 4,000 acres of old-growth conifers in Mt. Hood National Forest. The Forest Service dubbed it the Crystal Clear Restoration Project, saying the tree-thinning would reduce wildfire risk.

But Cascade Wildlands, Bark, and Oregon Wild argued that mature tree removal may not actually help with fire suppression, pointing to articles from The Open Forest Science Journal and Forest Ecology and Management, as well as other expert sources to support their claims.

“The plaintiffs, especially Bark, got people out into the landscape and spent thousands of hours collecting information about what was going on in the land and gave that information to the Forest Service,” said attorney Brenna Bell, who has spent four years on the case.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/07/9th-circuit-court-axes-trump-administration-plan-to-thin-forests-to-manage-wildfires/

Offline mortarman

Seems that there is still some work to be done on the 9th circus court.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Appeal it upwards.
Don't waste any time.