Author Topic: CNN Suggests Wearing a Face Mask in Public is Racist  (Read 1167 times)

rangerrebew

CNN Suggests Wearing a Face Mask in Public is Racist
« on: April 08, 2020, 02:33:57 pm »

Because black people are treated like criminals if they do the same.

Published 10 hours ago

on 7 April, 2020

Paul Joseph Watson

CNN has published a lengthy article suggesting that wearing face masks to guard against coronavirus is racist due to African-Americans not being able to wear them over fears they will be treated like criminals.

Yes, really.

Noting that the CDC has encouraged all Americans to wear face masks in the fight against COVID-19, Trevor Logan, an economics professor at Ohio State University, says he “will not be following this guidance.”

“We have a lot of examples of the presumed criminality of black men in general,” Logan, who presumably isn’t knowledgable about FBI crime statistics, told CNN.

https://summit.news/2020/04/07/cnn-suggests-wearing-a-face-mask-in-public-is-racist/

Offline Applewood

Re: CNN Suggests Wearing a Face Mask in Public is Racist
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 03:15:25 pm »
If there is any racism in wearing a mask -- and I emphasize 'IF" --  then these folks brought it on themselves.  The gangstas have always worn bandannas over their faces to commit crime  It's just like hoodies.  In my neck of the woods, when I walk into a business, I automatically undo the hood even though an old lady with a cane is unlikely to be a robber.  But because anyone with a hood could be a robber, it is customary to put the hood down so as to not look threatening.

The commies and their allies in the media are following the advice of never letting a crisis go to waste and arw using this pandemic as a reason to promote their agenda.  Today, it's the never-ending theme of racism and victimhood.  If something is wrong in your life, it's because whitey is racist.  Well, ok then, tell African-Americans not to wear a face covering.  So they contract the disease and die because they didn't protect themselves, is that going to be whitey's fault too? 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:36:30 pm by Applewood »

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 03:33:15 pm »
Then don't wear one.

Offline mortarman

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 03:36:58 pm »
To them, everything is raysis.

:pop41:

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 03:40:03 pm »
Even If I wear a black mask?

...Or is that cultural appropriation?

I'm so confused! :silly: :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 03:47:38 pm »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 03:49:29 pm »
@andy58-in-nh

LOL  One of my favorite movies.

@Smokin Joe

Yes it is.  Could never make that movie today.  Too many delicate snowflakes would be offended.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:50:48 pm by Applewood »

Offline mortarman

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 03:52:34 pm »
Too bad PC Hollyweird would never allow it to be made today. Mel Brooks would be hanged on Wilshire Blvd. is he pitched it now.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 04:02:13 pm »
@andy58-in-nh

LOL  One of my favorite movies.

@Smokin Joe

Yes it is.  Could never make that movie today.  Too many delicate snowflakes would be offended.
So true. I showed it (on VHS) to a crew of barely 20 somethings just over 20 years ago.
They were mortified! Not a chuckle.

But put on Rocky Horror Picture Show and it was a different story... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 04:36:43 pm »
So true. I showed it (on VHS) to a crew of barely 20 somethings just over 20 years ago.

All Midnight showings of RHPC are cancelled.  Not because of the distancing, but because it was wasting toilet paper. happy77
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 04:54:44 pm »
Funny........... I thought from the headline that the "racism" was against Asians, since they're the ones who wear surgical masks in airports and everywhere they travel.

Who'd a thunk it was racist against African-Americans to wear an N95 mask??   *****rollingeyes*****

Everything is rayciss against African Americans.   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 05:26:08 pm »
I know.  And what the stupid left has done by doing this, is minimize the real racism by blurring it with their fake stuff....

As I am reading this, Fox News is running a story the Blacks and Latinos are hardest hit.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 05:26:34 pm »

Because black people are treated like criminals if they do the same.

Published 10 hours ago

on 7 April, 2020

Paul Joseph Watson

CNN has published a lengthy article suggesting that wearing face masks to guard against coronavirus is racist due to African-Americans not being able to wear them over fears they will be treated like criminals.

Yes, really.

Noting that the CDC has encouraged all Americans to wear face masks in the fight against COVID-19, Trevor Logan, an economics professor at Ohio State University, says he “will not be following this guidance.”

“We have a lot of examples of the presumed criminality of black men in general,” Logan, who presumably isn’t knowledgable about FBI crime statistics, told CNN.

https://summit.news/2020/04/07/cnn-suggests-wearing-a-face-mask-in-public-is-racist/

@rangerrebew

"PRESUMED"?????

I wonder why color the sky is on this guy's home planet?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 05:29:51 pm »
@rangerrebew

"PRESUMED"?????

I wonder why color the sky is on this guy's home planet?

Several left leaning politicans and media are already painting this whole response and treatment thing racist, because certain races have more tendency toward obesity, and high blood pressure.....   A thus suffer more under the virus.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 05:31:00 pm »

@Smokin Joe

Rocky Horror is a GREAT movie. Tim Curry was cheated out of an Oscar on that one.

I have it on DVD,and watch it every Halloween. It never gets old.

BTW,Curry had a 3 episode appearance on Criminal Minds as a serial killer several years ago that has to be seen to be believed. Flat scared the hell out of me.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 05:32:57 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Rocky Horror is a GREAT movie. Tim Curry was cheated out of an Oscar on that one.

I have it on DVD,and watch it every Halloween. It never gets old.

BTW,Curry had a 3 episode appearance on Criminal Minds as a serial killer several years ago that has to be seen to be believed. Flat scared the hell out of me.

Curry gives Hopkins and Nicholson both a good run for their money on creating "creepy" roles.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 05:34:26 pm »
Funny........... I thought from the headline that the "racism" was against Asians, since they're the ones who wear surgical masks in airports and everywhere they travel.

I remember being surprised to see most of them wearing those paper masks in the winter when I first went to Asia in 1965. It was explained to me they did this because they all lived so close together they had to take special precautions to keep from getting and spreading colds and flues.

Who'd a thunk it was racist against African-Americans to wear an N95 mask??   *****rollingeyes*****

They were just feeling neglected.

Offline berdie

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 08:32:38 pm »
@Smokin Joe

That whole darn show scared the hell out of me @sneakypete ! I couldn't watch it.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 08:35:00 pm »

Apparently, that's the new "N word".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jpsb

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2020, 08:43:58 pm »
CNN is a joke, At&t needs to get rid of that joke of a network that nobody watches.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2020, 08:57:46 pm »
I know.  And what the stupid left has done by doing this, is minimize the real racism by blurring it with their fake stuff....
"the real racism"

And where would that be?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2020, 09:18:50 pm »
The real racism now is against Asian-Americans.  I've read a number of reports of people of Asian descent being harassed, spit upon, told to go back to where they came from and a few have been physically assaulted.  In my neck of the woods, there was a rumor going around that Asian restaurants were deliberately infecting their food with the virus.   Stupid people.

So where are the Democrats in this situation?  Haven't heard them say anything about this kind of racism.  Do they think those of Asian descent aren't as important?  Hint to Democrats:  Asians vote too,

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2020, 09:40:13 pm »
It’s mandatory now in my state. If I go out even to get the mail, or take out the trash I have to have my mouth and nose covered.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2020, 09:42:05 pm »
I can't even watch the ads for it!

@musiclady

You must be talking about the series itself,because there were no adds for the Tim Curry episodes.

He may be the best dramatic actor I have ever seen. You would never guess that after watching him playing "Dr. Frankerfurter" in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". For reasons I don't understand,"Rocky" seemed to have killed his movie career. Can't remember ever seeing him in anything since other than that 3 episode serial killer plot in "Criminal Minds."