Author Topic: Durham truck driver killed after stabbing 3 to death at Tennessee truck stop  (Read 639 times)

Offline mountaineer

Coronavirus does not stop terroristic acts, it seems.
Durham truck driver killed after stabbing 3 to death at Tennessee truck stop
by: WATE
Posted: Apr 7, 2020 / 04:10 PM EDT   / Updated: Apr 7, 2020 / 04:13 PM EDT   

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A stabbing suspect who was shot and killed after fatally stabbing three women and hospitalizing a fourth at a Knoxville truck stop early Tuesday has been identified by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

The deceased suspect, Idris Abdus-Salaam, 33, was a truck driver from Durham, North Carolina.

The three deceased victims were all employed at the Pilot Travel Center on Strawberry Plains Pike.  ...
WATE

The story does not indicate that authorities are calling this terrorism. Nor does it indicate that a reporter bothered to ask the question.    :shrug:

This* appears to be the suspect's Facebook account, and his posts appear to reflect a certain affinity for Islam.

*His real name seems to be Michael Ross.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:02:50 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

Random incident....nothing to see here....the dead females probably deserved it anyway.
The MOST IMPORTANT THING!!! to gather from this incident is to not be Islamophobic.
A  nutty Muslim fanatic stabbed a few people to death in France last week..... that doesn't mean anything either.

Offline PeteS in CA

A stabbing suspect who was shot and killed after fatally stabbing three women and hospitalizing a fourth at a Knoxville truck stop early Tuesday ...

Looking at the date-stamp of the article, it was written on the same day as the stabbings. That might be why the reporter didn't ask about possible terrorism. TBI is still early in their investigation. Why would this truck driver drive 250-300 miles to commit terrorism in Knoxville, TN? No terrorism opportunities in the Raleigh-Durham-RTP area?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

Well, at least the perp won't be killing anyone else. 

Offline mountaineer

Why would this truck driver drive 250-300 miles to commit terrorism in Knoxville, TN? No terrorism opportunities in the Raleigh-Durham-RTP area?
Maybe he drove to TN for his job and something/someone at the truck stop triggered him. He attacked only females, fwiw.

rangerrebew

‘KNIFE JIHAD’ in Tennessee: Muslim savage stabs four innocent women, killing 3 of them, for no apparent reason

April 7, 2020 by BareNakedIslam

Police shot and killed a Muslim truck driver in Knoxville, Tuesday after the man stabbed four women at a truck stop, killing three of them and hospitalizing one. Idris Abdus-Salaam, 33 (below), was the man responsible for the stabbings, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said.

CDL Life (h/t PIV) Authorities have released the identities of the people involved in a grisly fatal attack at a Knoxville truck stop on Tuesday morning. The attack occurred just before 7 a.m. at the Pilot Travel Center off of I-40 in Knoxville, Tennessee.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says that 33 year old Durham, North Carolina-based truck driver Idris Abdus-Salaam stabbed four women at the truck stop location before he was shot by a Knox County Deputy after he refused to drop his knife. Abdus-Salaam was pronounced dead at the scene.

Three of the women who were stabbed have passed away. All three were Pilot employees. They have been identified as as 57 year old Joyce Whaley, 51 year old Patricia Denise Nibbe, and 41 year old Nettie R. Spencer. The fourth woman who was stabbed was a customer and was taken to the hospital for treatment.

https://barenakedislam.com/2020/04/07/knife-jihad-in-tennessee-muslim-savage-stabs-four-innocent-women-killing-3-of-them-for-no-apparent-reason/

Offline mortarman

Notice he only attacked women. Also he was an interstate truck driver. Wonder if there were other murders in his wake? Possible serial killer? Needs investigation.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline mortarman

Who's to say these were his first victims. He was an interstate truck driver. How many other victims might be attributed to him? Needs looking into.

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline goatprairie

Who's to say these were his first victims. He was an interstate truck driver. How many other victims might be attributed to him? Needs looking into.

There was a story about an interstate serial killer trucker on one of those documentary crime shows some years ago. They did catch the guy.

Offline goatprairie

While it's not for sure carrying a concealed weapon will help in all cases, it's a fact that the average women is at a severe disadvantage physically compared to the average male. Especially older females compared to younger males.
Whenever I read about these cases of women being attacked, I always wish one of the females had a gun.
Nobody expects these kinds of things.  That assures the element of surprise will allow the perp to get to at least one victim before anybody realizes what's going on. I just wish the second woman  had pulled out a pistol and filled this pos full of lead before he got to her.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Topics merged.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Any evidence this guy is a serial killer?

Any evidence this guy was motivated by Islam?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It depends.  Was it ever looked for?  If a tree falls in the forest, and no Police Officer writes up a report, does it make a sound?

:shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

The only article I've found with anything new is https://abc11.com/pilot-stabbing-strawberry-plains-idris-abdus-salaam-knoxville/6084621/

A female customer at the truck stop was also stabbed. She was taken to the hospital and later released.

Good news, obviously, and someone who might shed light on anything the murderer may have said and any context to his murders.

Offline mountaineer

As I've said above, whether this was a case of Islamic terrorism is something to be examined. No, there is not much "evidence" (at least, released to the public) at this stage. I did not suggest he was a serial killer.

Online DB

Three known killings is a good start to serialdom.

Offline PeteS in CA

It depends.  Was it ever looked for?  If a tree falls in the forest, and no Police Officer writes up a report, does it make a sound?

:shrug:

Are you assuming that the TBI isn't investigating the possibility, despite having shut down the location for hours? Can we postpone the CTs and conclusion-leaping until something is made public? The murders were committed just 31 hours ago, if Knoxville is in the Eastern Time Zone, *****rollingeyes***** .

Offline PeteS in CA

... I did not suggest he was a serial killer.

Someone else on this now-merged thread did.

Offline mountaineer

Three known killings is a good start to serialdom.
Is that mass murder, or does that require four deaths? Unfortunately for this guy, his fourth victim has been released from the hospital.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Are you assuming that the TBI isn't investigating the possibility, despite having shut down the location for hours? Can we postpone the CTs and conclusion-leaping until something is made public? The murders were committed just 31 hours ago, if Knoxville is in the Eastern Time Zone, *****rollingeyes***** .

Doesn't mater if it's 31 years ago.  The Police are not disposed in many places to even look into the possibility of Moslem terror, and the press is even less likely to report it in any jurisdiction.
I will NOT comply.