Author Topic: Acting Navy Secretary Modly submits resignation after carrier fiasco; Army Undersecretary to replace  (Read 358 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Laura Widener 4/7/2020

Reports: Acting Navy Secretary Modly submits resignation after carrier fiasco; Army Undersecretary to replace him

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates as more information becomes available.

Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly submitted his resignation letter to Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Tuesday after he made fiery comments about former aircraft carrier Capt. Brett Crozier.

Modly reportedly submitted his letter without pressure from the White House or Esper, Politico reported, citing an anonymous official.

James McPherson, the Acting Undersecretary of the Army, will reportedly replace Modly, the Wall Street Journal reported.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/04/reports-acting-navy-secretary-modly-submits-resignation-after-carrier-fiasco-army-undersecretary-to-replace-him/

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Navy Secretary officially resigns, capping bizarre 24-hour Theodore Roosevelt fiasco

Navy Times 4/7/2020

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/04/07/navy-secretary-resigns-capping-24-hour-theodore-roosevelt-fiasco/

Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly has officially resigned, capping perhaps the most tumultuous 24-hour public relations fiasco the sea service has ever encountered.

Modly notified Secretary of Defense Mark Esper of his resignation Tuesday following a meeting between the two. Esper subsequently confirmed Modly’s resignation in an official statement.

“He resigned on his own accord, putting the Navy and the Sailors above self so that the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt, and the Navy as an institution, can move forward,” Esper said in an official statement.

“His care for the Sailors was genuine. Secretary Modly served the nation for many years, both in and out of uniform. I have the deepest respect for anyone who serves our country, and who places the greater good above all else. ... I wish him all the best.”

subsequently appointed Acting United States Under Secretary of the Army James McPherson as the new acting secretary of the Navy.

Offline dfwgator

“Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.”

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
“Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.”

We should expect better from those holding such positions.

IOW they should have resolved this, without making a public spectacle of the issues, and of themselves.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Acting Navy Secretary Modly submits resignation after carrier fiasco; Army Undersecretary to replace him..."

All I can say is:
Well, well, well...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So Trump accepted it?  Sad. **nononono*

Trump threw a good man under the bus.   under the bus888
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

rangerrebew

The Pentagon saw those two congressional committees investigating the whole thing over something that should have been better handled and saw the egg coming it's way.  To minimize the damage already done, Esper asked for Modly's resignation hoping that would mollify the critics of what he had said about Captain Crozier to his crew.  It won't. **nononono*

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien