Author Topic: 'Ballooned at inception': Trump to cull 'bloated' intelligence community  (Read 524 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'Ballooned at inception': Trump to cull 'bloated' intelligence community
Washington Times, Apr 5, 2020

The Trump administration is set to pare desk jobs at the top of the intelligence community, invoking the argument that its staffs are too large and duplicative, knowledgeable sources say.

One of the first targets is the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), where Richard Grenell, the U.S. ambassador to Germany and a favorite of President Trump, arrived as acting director in February.

Mr. Grenell has brought in Kash Patel, once a close aide to Rep. Devin Nunes, California Republican. Mr. Patel principally wrote the 2018 Nunes memo that exposed the FBI’s reliance on the discredited Christopher Steele dossier to justify spying on the Trump campaign.

The other focus is a DNI satellite office, the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC). It is a post-9/11 creation that analyzes the global terror threat, maintains huge databases on suspects and groups, and issues public and secret assessments.

The NCTC now has about 1,000 staffers. Ten years ago, it employed about 500, according to a Congressional Research Service report. The ODNI staff totals between 1,700 and 2,000. The ODNI says the workforce has stayed steady since its birth in 2005, overseeing $60 billion in annual spending, setting strategic policy and serving as the president’s chief intelligence adviser.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/5/trump-richard-grenell-help-cull-intelligence-commu/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Brilliant timing

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The US CIA failed to more accurately predict the breakup of the USSR.

WTF do all of the people in these agencies do, anyway?

Why didn't they report Covid concerns any sooner? And with greater accuracy?

(example: "islam is a religion of peace")

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Brilliant timing

I'm not sure I get your point.  Was there a better time?  Maybe in the middle of Congressional Investigations and Impeachments? 

Now is always a good time to cut out bureaucratic deadwood.  Yesterday is always better.  Now, let's get a move on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

The US CIA failed to more accurately predict the breakup of the USSR.

WTF do all of the people in these agencies do, anyway?

Why didn't they report Covid concerns any sooner? And with greater accuracy?

(example: "islam is a religion of peace")

The protect and promote their political interests.

Gen. Flynn was preparing to audit all the intelligence services when all of a sudden he was indicted. We could eliminate 2/3rds of these people and be just as safe as we are now.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

I'm not sure I get your point.  Was there a better time?  Maybe in the middle of Congressional Investigations and Impeachments? 

Now is always a good time to cut out bureaucratic deadwood.  Yesterday is always better.  Now, let's get a move on.

I understand that many Republican's are leery of experts with their facts, and math, and science.  I like experts, and intelligent people looking at a problem to try to fix it.  I'm sure this action will further comfort Trump voters who already recognize his divine guidance and brilliance, but to those who don't this is not encouraging.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I understand that many Republican's are leery of experts with their facts, and math, and science.  I like experts, and intelligent people looking at a problem to try to fix it.  I'm sure this action will further comfort Trump voters who already recognize his divine guidance and brilliance, but to those who don't this is not encouraging.

Do you think we should keep a stable of Vindemans around, so we can say "See?  We keep useless traitors around because firing them is bad optics!"

To say we need to cut out the deadwood does not mean we're anti-science or anti-expert.  That's a leftist canard and does not look good on you.  Well, on second thought....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Do you think we should keep a stable of Vindemans around, so we can say "See?  We keep useless traitors around because firing them is bad optics!"
No I say keep the Vindeman's around because they tell the truth no matter who it angers.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No I say keep the Vindeman's around because they tell the truth no matter who it angers.

Impeach him again.  Harder!

If you think the Vindeman twins have been truthful and wholesome, then there's no hope for you.  You're gullible.
I will NOT comply.

If you think the Vindeman twins have been truthful and wholesome, then there's no hope for you.  You're gullible.
Says the Trump voter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Impeach him again.  Harder!

He's a leftist troll and always has been.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The ice on the pond is thinner than it's ever been.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Says the Trump voter.

Sticks and stones.   999yawn
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Why do you think those types are kept here?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"'Ballooned at inception': Trump to cull 'bloated' intelligence community"

Head 'em up !!
Run 'em out !!
Rawhide !!
Heeeyeaahhhhhh !!!