Author Topic: Pressure mounts on Congress for quick action with next coronavirus bill  (Read 576 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pressure mounts on Congress for quick action with next coronavirus bill
By Mike Lillis and Scott Wong - 04/07/20 06:00 AM EDT

Lawmakers are facing mounting pressure to move to the next phase of coronavirus legislation, less than two weeks after passing a historic $2.2 trillion economic relief bill.

While the most recent round of federal funding was unprecedented in its scope and scale, the delivery of the aid to its intended targets has been hobbled by administrative and other logistical pitfalls, causing delays in distribution and sparking widespread anxieties about when the assistance will reach businesses, families and workers hardest hit by the swift-moving pandemic.

Those problems have unfolded just as President Trump and his public health team are warning that the next two weeks could prove to be one of the most trying stretches in modern American history, as the number of cases and deaths are expected to spike and governments at every level implement ever-more-stringent self-isolation measures, which have already devastated businesses large and small across the country.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/491467-pressure-mounts-on-congress-for-quick-action-with-next-coronavirus-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Another pork laden unnecessary bill that our grandchildren will have to pay for.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Another pork laden unnecessary bill that our grandchildren will have to pay for.
Not if freedom loving American's stand up and shout "I didn't fight against the Commies in Korea, or Vietnam to give up American freedom to China now!" :patriot:
...so yes another pork laden unnecessary bill that our grandchildren will have to pay for.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's past time to but the brakes on Gummint drones' spending.  I'm not happy with all the sops given to Democrats in the last bill, and another one is guaranteed to provide more of Pelosi's wish list.

My default position is a flat "No!"  Y'all have helped enough.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's past time to but the brakes on Gummint drones' spending.  I'm not happy with all the sops given to Democrats in the last bill, and another one is guaranteed to provide more of Pelosi's wish list.

I agree. Fully.

Recall the real horror:

"We're from the government and we're here to help..."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
NO!

The idea of "quick action" is to sneak in all kinds of non-COVID related items on the sly.

Will Mitch be able to resist this?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
NO!

The idea of "quick action" is to sneak in all kinds of non-COVID related items on the sly.

Don't throw him in that Briar patch!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Not if he finds a way to benefit from it.  And he will.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline skeeter

Who says there aren’t big winners in this Covid 19 situation.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Who says there aren’t big winners in this Covid 19 situation.

Unfortunately it's not you and I and people like us.

Offline bilo

Re: Pressure mounts on Congress for quick action with next coronavirus bill
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 02:23:10 am »

:amen:

It's time to get moving on how to open up the economy again.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 02:25:31 am »

Yeah and he will be wearing that turtle face grin from ear to ear again.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 04:55:57 am »
Would someone mind telling me where is all this "mounting pressure" coming from?
 (to make our remaining bits of 401K and investments and savings worth less through inflation)

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 01:40:26 pm »
Would someone mind telling me where is all this "mounting pressure" coming from?
 (to make our remaining bits of 401K and investments and savings worth less through inflation)

The usual suspects, I suppose.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 04:26:29 pm »

The ignorant sheep in the media.

The Rats are loving this crisis. They are pushing mail in voting like crazy. They are very happy to destroy our economy because they figure it's their ticket to return to power. Once they have control whatever they do the media will spin it as a "great step forward".

Trump has got to get a plan going to get the economy going again. The experts in this crisis have not served this country as well as they should have, especially Fauci. They have overstated the deaths, lack of equipment, and downplayed possible treatments. It may just be me, but I get the impression that they are really enjoying their moment in the sun. I'm just waiting to see how they respond when Trump says we can't kill the country to cure it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home