Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Decides a Pandemic Is the Perfect Time to... Get a Haircut?  (Read 511 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Decides a Pandemic Is the Perfect Time to... Get a Haircut?
Beth Baumann

Posted: Apr 06, 2020 11:20 PM

Democrats are hypocrites, especially when it comes to "rules for thee but not for me." New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio decided to use a public gym minutes before public facilities were ordered to close to prevent the spread of the Wuhan coronavirus. Apparently the order was important enough for every other New Yorker to follow but not for him.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot decided to follow in de Blasio's footsteps and put herself above Illinois Gov. J. B. Pritzke's stay-at-home order. Even though salons and barbershops across the state are currently closed, Lightfoot decided to get a haircut, the Chicago Tribune reported.

When asked about defying the order, she said there wasn't a problem because her stylist wore a face mask and gloves while cutting her hair.

“I think what really people want to talk about is, we’re talking about people dying here. We’re talking about significant health disparities. I think that’s what people care most about,” Lightfoot said, trying to deflect. “The woman who cut my hair had a mask and gloves on so we are, I am practicing what I’m preaching.”

But the real kicker: Lightfoot believes her haircut was considered essential because she's "the public face of this city."

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/04/06/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-decides-a-pandemic-is-the-perfect-time-to-get-a-haircut-n2566464
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34