Author Topic: NYC official whose mom died of coronavirus says Trump 'has blood on his hands'  (Read 314 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYC official whose mom died of coronavirus says Trump 'has blood on his hands'
By Justine Coleman - 04/06/20 04:01 PM EDT

A New York City official said President Trump has his “mom’s blood on his hands” after the official's mother died from COVID-19 lat week.

“In New York City this is playing out in so many families and I got to tell you Donald Trump has blood on his hands and he has my mom’s blood on his hands,” New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer told CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

Arlene Stringer-Cuevas had been a former New York City councilwoman. She died Friday at the age of 86.

NN Newsroom
✔
@CNNnewsroom

“If you had said to me, what would ultimately have my mother fall, I’d never thought it’d be some virus … Donald Trump has blood on his hands and he has my mom's blood on his hands,” NYC Comptroller Scott Stringer says.

The city’s comptroller expressed anger toward Trump, specifically because the hospital ship USNS Comfort that was sent to New York had not accepted coronavirus patients.

When Cooper asked him if he was angry about the hospital ship, Stringer responded, “I think we all are.”

The Comfort and USNS Mercy, a similar Navy hospital ship docked in California, were intended to take non-coronavirus patients, like those suffering traumas, to relieve pressure on hospitals dealing with an influx of COVID-19 patients.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/491408-nyc-official-bashes-trump-after-mother-dies-of-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

USNS Comfort was sent to NYC to take non-Covid-19 patients from hospitals to make room for more Covid-19 patients in the hospitals. From what I've read, NYC was slow to transfer patients to the Comfort, and then contaminated part of the ship and personnel by transferring a few infected patients to the ship (supposedly, by accident; my BS meter is not registering "0" on that point).

Mr. Stringer needs to stop politicizing his mother's death and STHU.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

That's interesting. This Democrat representative, who has recovered from the virus, has quite a different take on the president's "culpability."
Detroit rep says hydroxychloroquine, Trump helped save her life amid COVID-19 fight
Paul Egan, Detroit Free Press
 Published 2:52 p.m. ET April 6, 2020 | Updated 6:01 p.m. ET April 6, 2020

LANSING – A Democratic state representative from Detroit is crediting hydroxychloroquine — and Republican President Donald Trump who touted the drug — for saving her in her battle with the coronavirus.

State Rep. Karen Whitsett, who learned Monday she has tested positive for COVID-19, said she started taking hydroxychloroquine on March 31, prescribed by her doctor, after both she and her husband sought treatment for a range of symptoms on March 18. ...

Whitsett said she was familiar with "the wonders" of hydroxychloroquine from an earlier bout with Lyme disease, but does not believe she would have thought to ask for it, or her doctor would have prescribed it, had Trump not been touting it as a possible treatment for COVID-19. ...

"It has a lot to do with the president ... bringing it up," Whitsett said. "He is the only person who has the power to make it a priority."

Asked whether she thinks Trump may have saved her life, Whitsett said: "Yes, I do," and "I do thank him for that." ...
Full story at Detroit Free Press

Rep. Whitsett
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org