Author Topic: Outgoing inspector general says Trump fired him for carrying out his 'legal obligations'  (Read 263 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Outgoing inspector general says Trump fired him for carrying out his 'legal obligations'
By John Bowden - 04/05/20 09:34 PM EDT

Michael Atkinson, the outgoing intelligence community inspector general fired by President Trump on Friday, says he believes the president dismissed him because of his commitment to his duty as an impartial watchdog.

"It is hard not to think that the President's loss of confidence in me derives from my having faithfully discharged my legal obligations as an independent and impartial Inspector General, and from my commitment to continue to do so," Atkinson said in a statement released Sunday night that was obtained by several news outlets and shared on social media.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/491283-outgoing-inspector-general-suggests-trump-fired-him-for-carrying-out
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34