Author Topic: House Democrats to oversee coronavirus funds, not Trump  (Read 427 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrats to oversee coronavirus funds, not Trump
« on: April 06, 2020, 12:32:36 am »
 By Alex Swoyer - The Washington Times - Sunday, April 5, 2020

Rep. James Clyburn, who has been tapped to chair the House Committee on the coronavirus, said Sunday the group of lawmakers will be ensuring the funds to battle the pandemic are spent adequately.

The Majority Whip batted down suggestions that House Democrats were launching the committee to investigate how President Trump has handled the pandemic.

“This committee will be forward-looking. We are not going to be looking back at what this president may or may not have done,” Mr. Clyburn said.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/5/house-democrats-oversee-coronavirus-funds-not-dona/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: House Democrats to oversee coronavirus funds, not Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 03:23:15 am »
The Congress appropriates the funds. I thought oversight and implementing those laws was an Executive Branch function.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mortarman

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 05:52:27 am »
An' jus' how many millions will disappear into the offshore accounts of the Chappaquaw Crime Cartel?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 06:15:39 am »
The Congress appropriates the funds. I thought oversight and implementing those laws was an Executive Branch function.

The Democrat House is all 3 branches of govt now don't you know. I think it says so in the Constitution.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mortarman

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 07:37:46 am »
The Democrat House is all 3 branches of govt now don't you know. I think it says so in the Constitution.

Actually they seem to think that the three branches of gubmint are the Dis-Loyal Opposition, the Sock Monkey appointed courts an' the Propaganda Ministry For the Left-wing Fascist Agenda an' we are to be beholding to them.

:pop41:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:38:36 am by mortarman »
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.