Author Topic: CNN Bombs in First Quarter, Fails to Crack Top 20 in Ratings  (Read 648 times)

rangerrebew

CNN Bombs in First Quarter, Fails to Crack Top 20 in Ratings
By Randy Hall | April 4, 2020 11:05 AM EDT

When the CNN debuted in 1980, it soon earned a reputation as the top source for quick information 24 hours a day, all week long. That was 40 years ago and objective journalism is hard to find on the network in 2020.  The liberal station has since fallen so far in the ratings that it was unable to generate even one program in the top 20 list during the first three months of 2020, which has been labeled “a dismal first quarter.”

According to an article posted on Friday by Matt Vespa, the senior editor for Townhall declared:

â€

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/randy-hall/2020/04/03/cnn-fails-crack-top-20-ratings-list-during-dismal-first-quarter

Offline aligncare

Re: CNN Bombs in First Quarter, Fails to Crack Top 20 in Ratings
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 02:30:56 pm »
Now that the numbers are in, CNN knows how hard to double down on vile, anti American rhetoric and stupid emotionalism. That ought to boost network ratings.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 02:36:48 pm »
CNN has found the formula - quick hire more Don Lemons and Jim Acostas!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 02:41:15 pm »
With airport lounges and departure areas currently in disuse, I'm surprised that they have any audience at all now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 03:30:14 pm »
If it weren't for the homes of the few wealthy leftists,airport waiting rooms,hotel lobby's,etc,etc,etc,CNN would be the lowest rated show being broadcast anywhere.

Doesn't matter. It is the "mouthpiece of the elitist left",and they are going to spend the money and the influence necessary to keep it on the air.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 03:33:34 pm »
Perhaps they should alter their business model, and try reporting news for a change. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 04:22:57 pm »
Perhaps they should alter their business model, and try reporting news for a change.

@andy58-in-nh

If they did that,they would lose what little support they still have.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 04:35:58 pm »
The danger of CNN isn't how many watch it.  It's the trickle-down effect of their propaganda efforts on the other parts of the media. 

Offline DB

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 04:59:39 pm »
The only time CNN typically does well is with a major crisis to report on. If they aren't doing well now they're in BIG trouble. Not only is there a major crisis there's a whole lot of people stuck in their homes with the TV on.

Offline kidd

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 05:22:21 pm »
Or show cartoons. They would do better showing Rocky & Bullwinkle reruns. Replace Wolf Blitzer with Mr. Peabody.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 06:02:54 pm »
Just rewards for any employer of Don Lemonhead. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 06:29:33 pm »
I will tell you who CNN does well with. People who want to be told what to think,and who have no interest in thinking or learning anything new.

I will tell you who CNN does well with. People who want to be told what to think,and who have no interest in thinking or learning anything new.

I just broke a casual friendship today with a woman I trade books with. We were talking on the phone about being bored and being shut in,so I started suggesting series on places like Netflix,Amazon Com,etc,etc,etc. Shows like Homeland,Breaking Bad,Peaky Blinders,Better Call Saul,etc,etc,etc.

That was when she told me she never watches shows that might have anything in them that might offend her,or about things she is not already interested in and knows about. She said she hates series,and likes to mostly watch movies she has already seen.

She filled it in by telling me she really enjoyed the first book in a series by Dean Koontz that I lent her,but lost interest in book two at page two because "it started going into areas I know nothing about and have no interest in reading about."

This is an EXCELLENT series about a woman FBI agent (Jane Hawk) that uncovers a conspiracy to take over the US government by a clique of elitists. Which got her talking about politics and blaming Trump for the virus and everything else wrong in America and the world today.

"Not interested in anything I know nothing about and have no interest in learing about." pretty much defines the Dim mindset.

Which is pretty much what I said to her on the phone,and then she started ranting and raving about what a horrible person and president Trump is,and how she wanted "whoever runs as a Democrat to beat him because he is a horrible person."

I just have no interest in being friendly with anyone ignorant and proud of it.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 06:29:40 pm »
The danger of CNN isn't how many watch it.  It's the trickle-down effect of their propaganda efforts on the other parts of the media. 

@dfwgator

Never really thought about it that way... Very profound insight gator.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 06:36:40 pm »
"CNN Bombs in First Quarter, Fails to Crack Top 20 in Ratings..."

This calls for some happy dancin' !

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 08:11:51 pm »
"CNN Bombs in First Quarter, Fails to Crack Top 20 in Ratings..."

This calls for some happy dancin' !

Yep. The good news is no one is buying the crap they’re trying to selling about orange man bad.  happy77