Author Topic: FISA Hawks Lee, Leahy Say ‘Damning’ Horowitz FBI Audit ‘Makes Clear Our Work Is Not Done’  (Read 384 times)

rangerrebew

FISA Hawks Lee, Leahy Say ‘Damning’ Horowitz FBI Audit ‘Makes Clear Our Work Is Not Done’
By Tobias Hoonhout

April 1, 2020 3:39 PM

Senators Patrick Leahy (D., Vt.) and Mike Lee (R., Utah) said Wednesday that “damning” evidence of widespread FISA abuse uncovered in an ongoing audit of the FBI’s application process proves that “our work is not done” as the Senate prepares to consider an extension of expiring FISA powers in the coming months.

In light of a report released Tuesday showing systemic abuses within the foreign surveillance process, Leahy and Lee announced that they will propose an amendment to “ensure” that government agencies hand over all evidence — including potentially exculpatory evidence — in future FISA applications. The amendment will be added to the “USA FREEDOM Extension and Amici Curiae Reform Act,” which Lee and Leahy introduced last month to enact “significant” reforms of the FISA legal adviser process, including the appointment of an a special expert in privacy and civil liberties to help boost protections for U.S. citizens.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/fisa-hawks-lee-leahy-say-damning-horowitz-fbi-audit-makes-clear-our-work-is-not-done/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Feebs won't follow laws that are currently written, so I don't expect new laws to have any effect.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

It will be interesting to read how Lee builds "Damming" abuse from "lack of confidence".... right..

Offline dancer

I'd be more optimistic if it wasn't two #NeverTrumpers pushing this amendment.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Feebs won't follow laws that are currently written, so I don't expect new laws to have any effect.

Precisely. :yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What good are new laws when no one was thrown in jail or even fired for breaking the old ones?

Asshat idiots.
The Republic is lost.