Author Topic: Washington Gov. Jay Inslee on Friday vetoed hundreds of millions of dollars of spending in hopes of  (Read 383 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee on Friday vetoed hundreds of millions of dollars of spending in hopes of making a dent in the loss of state revenues as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to keep the state’s economy largely shut down.

On Friday, the Washington State Department of Health said there were nearly 7,000 coronavirus cases, including 284 deaths.
Inslee vetoed nearly two dozen bills in their entirety, as well as more than 140 separate budget items in the state supplemental budget that will save the state $445 million over the next three years.

The vetoes include a bill that created a pilot program to review and vacate criminal convictions based on current statutory eligibility requirements and another bill that established recycled content requirements for plastic beverage containers. Also vetoed was a bill creating a prescription drug affordability board. The budget section vetoes range from money to add about 370 K-12 guidance counselors statewide to spending on paraeducator training. Also eliminated were a variety of task forces and studies.

All of the veto letters state that circumstances “have changed dramatically” since the budget was approved by the Legislature last month.

https://q13fox.com/2020/04/03/gov-inslee-vetoes-some-spending-in-response-to-covid-19-as-washington-death-toll-nears-300/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I would never have thought that I would see the day that Gov. Inslee would show Fiscal Responsibility.  I am mostly highly critical of him, but also glad that we have not become the epicenter of disease as New York has.  I wish that the Federal Government could show a little Fiscal responsibility too,  and not think that this is a time for spending willy nilly.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.