Author Topic: Trump warns of rough week ahead: 'There will be death'  (Read 1192 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump warns of rough week ahead: 'There will be death'
« on: April 04, 2020, 10:39:50 pm »
 Prayers up for all of us Briefers!   :0001: :0001:

Trump warns of rough week ahead: 'There will be death'

President Trump on Saturday warned the nation of a deadly week ahead in the fight against the coronavirus as the number of Americans infected passed 300,000.

"This will probably be the toughest week -- between this week and next week," Trump said Saturday at the beginning of his coronavirus task force briefing at the White House.

"There will be a lot of death, unfortunately. But a lot less death than if this wasn't done," Trump said of the nationwide precautions underway. "But there will be death."..........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-coronavirus-press-conference-saturday

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump warns of rough week ahead: 'There will be death'
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 10:52:10 pm »
I watched it and found it to be depressing...my son must have watched it to since he has been texting me to stay home and STOP going to the store.....grrrrrr
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 10:59:38 pm »
I watched it and found it to be depressing...my son must have watched it to since he has been texting me to stay home and STOP going to the store.....grrrrrr

Well, I get the same thing from my daughter... stay home!!  She won't even come to visit for fear of being a carrier and giving it to us.  She's isolated in her apartment.  Sigh ... don't even know if we'll get together now for Easter.  Such a shame.  But honestly -- as a country we've reached 300,000 cases ... I'd say its time to stay put for awhile.  After all ... they need you to make all those Christmas cookies at Christmas time (if I recall correctly you're the cookie baker?).

P.S.  If you stay home, just think of all the gas that you are saving and mileage you are preserving.  :laugh:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 11:25:07 pm »
Well, I get the same thing from my daughter... stay home!!  She won't even come to visit for fear of being a carrier and giving it to us.  She's isolated in her apartment.  Sigh ... don't even know if we'll get together now for Easter.  Such a shame.  But honestly -- as a country we've reached 300,000 cases ... I'd say its time to stay put for awhile.  After all ... they need you to make all those Christmas cookies at Christmas time (if I recall correctly you're the cookie baker?).

P.S.  If you stay home, just think of all the gas that you are saving and mileage you are preserving.  :laugh:

I don't go out that much. I just don't like the idea of someone picking out my food... 888mouth

No Easter here as I have already sent the grandkids cards w/money.. 8888crybaby

Yes, they just want to keep me around for the Christmas cookies and other goodies that wouldn't surprise me..lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 12:20:12 am »
My brother hasn't said anything about Easter dinner at his place, but then again, my brother has been known to not say anything, but show up at my door on Easter Sunday and say,"well, are you ready to go?"  The guy just doesn't believe in talking on the phone.  LOL

Funny thing about saving gas, I understand around these parts, gas has been rather inexpensive.   Just too bad there is nowhere to go or we are self-isolated.   I expect when this virus is done and people will want to travel, gas will be $3 something a gallon again. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 02:14:08 am »
Made what will be likely my last run for a while, this AM.

After two stores, saw a lady with a 12 pack of TP in her cart and asked her "Where did you get that?", surprised to find myself almost as excited as I would be sighting someone who had found the Holy Grail.

She informed me (in hushed tones) that you have to ask at the customer service desk...
I did (felt like knocking at a speakeasy) and scored a 12 pack of expensive mega rolls, but that will get the household through at least another week. We're good to go!

First toilet paper I had seen in two weeks (well, aside from the can at home).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 03:16:29 am »
Made what will be likely my last run for a while, this AM.

After two stores, saw a lady with a 12 pack of TP in her cart and asked her "Where did you get that?", surprised to find myself almost as excited as I would be sighting someone who had found the Holy Grail.

She informed me (in hushed tones) that you have to ask at the customer service desk...
I did (felt like knocking at a speakeasy) and scored a 12 pack of expensive mega rolls, but that will get the household through at least another week. We're good to go!

First toilet paper I had seen in two weeks (well, aside from the can at home).

Pretty bad when you have to get excited about toilet paper.  After several stores last time I found out that Home Depot had the stash.

I am sad that church is cancelled.  Especially at Easter.  We can watch online, but its not the same.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 03:34:06 am »
Pretty bad when you have to get excited about toilet paper.  After several stores last time I found out that Home Depot had the stash.

I am sad that church is cancelled.  Especially at Easter.  We can watch online, but its not the same.
Yep. Considering the grands and now great grands have done Easter egg hunts here for decades, this year that won't be happening either. This will be the year without so much they will remember.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 04:22:32 am »
Yep. Considering the grands and now great grands have done Easter egg hunts here for decades, this year that won't be happening either. This will be the year without so much they will remember.

I pray this is not the new normal.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline IBDaMann

• Global Warming-Religion of Scientific Illiteracy
    • Politiplex - the Reference Site
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 05:12:22 am »
One thing I like about Trump is that he can remember what he's saying in mid-sentence.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 01:11:44 pm »

None of my family will be together for Passover this year.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 06:51:01 pm »
I went to the supermarket this morning. One can only buy so many "fresh vegetables" at once. Otherwise by the time you get to them, they won't be "fresh" any more.

But... instead of going to one in my town (currently about 450 infections), I went to one in a neighboring town (currently about 55 infections). Anything I could do to reduce (even by a small amount) the possibility of exposure.

I used plastic (non-surgical) gloves and a paper mask. Many of the customers inside (there weren't all that many) did so, as well.

I did the same with my last outing to Walmart. The one here is usually packed, with many illegals who don't seem particularly concerned about what's going on. So... drove up north to another one, about 12 miles up the line. Significantly smaller crowd, folks there seemed to be "masked" -- far fewer illegals.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 07:25:05 pm »
@mystery-ak

It is the same in England/Wales.  I speak to son in Wales every other day.  Today, before I said anything about this country, he said they (Wales/England) have been told there would be many deaths, a peak of deaths, during the next two weeks - same thing we are being told.  Very early on, he bought some N95s on line, so they have those.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 07:29:33 pm »
I pray this is not the new normal.

It's not.

Easter isn't going away.  Christ is still Risen.

We're just celebrating at home!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2020, 07:52:23 pm »
Were Trump as clever as he presumes, he would measure the impact of his words.
The nation has been bombarded w/messages of despair for weeks; much of it
coming from his medical advisory team.
Now Trump has chimed in w/ "THERE WILL BE DEATH".
Given the level of adversity and anxiety present, this is obvious, pointless and dumb.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:05:37 pm by Absalom »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2020, 08:15:15 pm »
What's happening this week and the next to cause a rise in the number of deaths among those infected two or three weeks ago?  Are these projections based on the number of patients coming off ventilators? 

I can understand a rise to the peak number of infections ... but I'm not understanding the projections of this rise in deaths.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2020, 08:21:21 pm »
What's happening this week and the next to cause a rise in the number of deaths among those infected two or three weeks ago?  Are these projections based on the number of patients coming off ventilators? 

I can understand a rise to the peak number of infections ... but I'm not understanding the projections of this rise in deaths.

Chicago going rogue again??

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2020, 08:24:07 pm »

I have been wondering that myself..
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2020, 08:50:45 pm »
I don't go out that much. I just don't like the idea of someone picking out my food... 888mouth

No Easter here as I have already sent the grandkids cards w/money.. 8888crybaby

Yes, they just want to keep me around for the Christmas cookies and other goodies that wouldn't surprise me..lol

Well, I didn't make it to the store to buy cards ... so at least you were able to do that.

This is going to be a very difficult Easter for everyone.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 08:54:40 pm »

The "death rate" is a lagging indicator, in economic terms.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 09:04:45 pm »

I think perhaps they are expecting many areas with a high number of cases to double..when that happens all over the country (within the next two weeks) it could possibly significantly increase the fatality rate as hospitals don't have the space, medical equipment and personnel.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2020, 09:28:29 pm »
I think perhaps they are expecting many areas with a high number of cases to double..when that happens all over the country (within the next two weeks) it could possibly significantly increase the fatality rate as hospitals don't have the space, medical equipment and personnel.

It's a Hurricane, and we're just getting the first few bands of rain.  Winds 45-50 MPH.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2020, 12:40:50 am »
Were Trump as clever as he presumes, he would measure the impact of his words.
The nation has been bombarded w/messages of despair for weeks; much of it
coming from his medical advisory team.
Now Trump has chimed in w/ "THERE WILL BE DEATH".
Given the level of adversity and anxiety present, this is obvious, pointless and dumb.
One breath of false hope and the democrats will pounce.

He is right to not sugar coat it. That builds trust.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2020, 12:44:10 am »

X infected times a death rate of those infected=dead.
Increease X, overall, the number of dead increase.

It seems gloomy, but it's math. If more people recover, he can take (some) credit, if the projections come true, he comes off as honest and not sugar coating the situation.
If he gave 'false hope', the democrats would go into another feeding frenzy.

C S Lewis