Author Topic: Richard Simmons 'returns' for the first time in 6 years to help you stay in shape during lockdown  (Read 878 times)

Offline libertybele

Ok everybody .... let's get moving!!!!   Oh ya, we're going to shake it up!!!!   :rolling:

Richard Simmons 'returns' for the first time in 6 years to help you stay in shape during lockdown

Oh yeah, we're gonna shake it up! After a six year absence, beloved fitness guru Richard Simmons is "back" to help you get into shape during quarantine.

Yet the 71-year-old exercise mogul — who is so reclusive that his absence sparked the popular podcast Missing Richard Simmons in 2017 — has "still not decided when or if he'll make a return to the spotlight," TMZ reports. Instead, beginning about three weeks ago, Simmons' YouTube and Twitter accounts started sharing vintage workout routines, marking their first activity since February 2014.

"We have had an overwhelming request for Richard to return in some way as a comfort to all dealing with the pandemic," a representative explained to Fox News on Friday............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/richard-simmons-returns-first-time-182452780.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I read his autobiography, he's got a big heart, he's helped a lot of people.

I'm still not sure though, of his wardrobe, I mean, wearing Tutus and stuff like that?

I think his book is titled something like "Still hungry after all of these  years".
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 07:56:53 pm by TomSea »

Offline libertybele

I read his autobiography, he's got a big heart, he's helped a lot of people.

I'm still not sure though, of his wardrobe, I mean, wearing Tutus and stuff like that?

I think his book is titled something like "Still hungry after all of these  years".

Well, Tom .... his wardrobe is that way, because .... he's gay and he flaunts it!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

Is Richard Simmons gay - Answers

Mr. Simmons has never answered questions about his sexuality and nobody close to him has, either. His agents, and representatives have also not commented on his sexual orientation.

His bright wardrobe and hyper sensitive voice can be attributed to nothing more than his personality.

Richard has publicly denied such claims (that he's gay) many times. He has stated that he is sad that he never had the chance to have children. Whether or not these claims of his are true (or related) are yet to be validated.

Read more at:  https://www.answers.com/Q/Is_Richard_Simmons_gay

If I were asked if he were gay, I'd say "we don't know", I don't think anything has ever proven that he is. Yes, he acts that way.

Offline libertybele

Ok ... he's never come forward to admit that he's gay, bisexual, or any of the other choices.... but I have little doubt.  I could care less ... he's helped a lot of people and he chooses to dress as he does....his speech is a little swishy as well.   

I didn't post this to discuss him being gay ... I posted it as he was asked to return to get people motivated .... I remember years ago trying to do "Sweating to the Oldies".

Offline TomSea

FTR, for the record, he went into seclusion for a few years and if the article does not say it, some would say, this was triggered in part by his dog dying.

https://www.tmz.com/2014/11/14/richard-simmons-dog-died-dead-depression-knee-injury/

The death of Richard Simmons' dog played an important part in the depression that has turned him into a shut-in ... a dog he considered his child.

TMZ broke the story ... Richard hasn't been seen in public for almost 11 months ... and the trigger was a looming knee replacement which shut Richard down professionally and socially.

Sources close to Richard tell us his Dalmatian Hattie died within days of his last public sighting back in January. Richard took the dog with him when he was out and about in L.A. and would often brag about her in his exercise classes.

In his writings though, he comes across as pretty straight, for example, I know he routinely helped morbidly obese people, 350 pounds and up. I also look into his own website once. You pay a fee and are subscribed say for a year.

He grew up in NOLA, I know they lived in a trolley car converted into a house, it might have even had a restaurant in it.   

He wrote the book and in it, he was pretty down to earth.

I don't really care how he dresses, I'll just say you can dress flamboyantly without looking like a total fruitcake, he does look like the latter at times.

Also, crossdressing probably does not mean "gay".

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 09:10:20 pm by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, Tom .... his wardrobe is that way, because .... he's gay and he flaunts it!

@libertybele

I don't know if he is happy or not,but he is a homosexual,either way.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

I don't know if he is happy or not,but he is a homosexual,either way.

:beer:

Offline LadyLiberty

Richard Simmons on "Who's Line is it Anyway?"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline mortarman

What? You mean he's not dead?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Polly Ticks

I actually quite admire Richard Simmons. 

Is he gay?  I think he probably is ... but so what?  Doesn't he (or rather, didn't he prior to his seclusion) behave exactly how most conservatives say they want gay people to behave?  He doesn't run around screaming about his sexuality and demanding that we celebrate that lifestyle, he just goes about his business and lives his life.

And yes, he is amazingly compassionate toward morbidly obese people. He offers them the dignity that many other people don't in a world where the obese are one of the groups of people that it is most socially acceptable to ridicule.  He tries to help them improve and extend their lives.  If he wears sparkly booty shorts in the process I doubt that matters much to them.

Also, even though my mom has always been quite trim, she bought those classic "Sweating to the Oldies" VHS tapes and they were honestly downright fun. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline dfwgator

Where Hans and Franz?

Offline goatprairie

Nobody minds homosexuals who don't make a big sturm and drang about being one.
Nobody got out of sorts about Liberace and Paul Lynde because neither made a big deal about it.
Of course, Liberace was known for his outlandish costumes and whatever, but he never made his homosexuality a big deal. He even successfully sued a British scandal sheet that called him a homosexual implicitly denying he was one. But everybody knew he was one.
Hollyweird insiders knew Rock Hudson was a homosexual, but few in the general public knew. Because Hudson kept it a secret.
If only all the rest of the current homosexual drama queens would do so.