Author Topic: Scott Walker: Detailed pandemic transition plan needed to get the U.S. economy and workforce back o  (Read 128 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Detailed pandemic transition plan needed to get the U.S. economy and workforce back on track
Scott Walker

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

We need to protect the health and safety of our fellow Americans. And we need to prepare to get our country back to work. Protecting the health of our country now will help us restore the health of our economy later.

We must continue to bend the curve. Everyone absolutely has to do their part to help reduce the rate of transmission of coronavirus in our community.

Stay at least 6 feet away from other people. Don’t go out unless you absolutely have to leave your home. Clean your hands with soap and water regularly. Cough and sneeze into a tissue and throw it away. Clean surfaces multiple times a day. And most importantly, stay at home if you are sick.

If all Americans respect these simple requests, we can decrease the rate at which new people are becoming infected by the coronavirus. Bending the curve is essential to getting Americans back to work.

Read more at:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/2/detailed-pandemic-transition-plan-needed-to-get-th/

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Ok, but why does there need to be a transition team?  Once areas start to show a significant reduction in cases and deaths, time to let people just get back to work.  That's not brain surgery.  The only thing that is needed is for people to use some logic; always, always, wash your hands, practice some safe social distancing for awhile and always, always be aware of who's sniffling and coughing around you.  If workers come to work sick, or kids come to school sick -- send them home instead of letting them stay.  Unfortunately, many employers won't pay their employees for taking time off, so consequently they come to work sick infecting others and parents send their sick kids to school.  I've seen it happen many, many times.

The idea of washing our hands and social distancing is already in practice...nothing new here.   Restaurants around here had spaced their tables 6 ft. apart and had limited their number of guests served -- more tables were placed outside --- everything was fine, and they were able to keep some staff on and operate somewhat normally and still able to bring in some money,  until they were told to shut down and limit service to carry out or curbside only.  Some restaurants are closing permanently -- this pandemic happened toward the end of tourist season -- many restaurants and businesses rely on the $$ to get them through till next tourist season which won't be until Thanksgiving. 

Lots of things could have been done, but the public needed to simply use some logic and respect towards this new virus.  Unfortunately the "beach" scene here in FL was a clear indicator that social distancing and logic wasn't going to work.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.