Author Topic: Tucker Carlson Hits Fauci: Not an Economist, He’s Suggesting ‘National Suicide’ While He Has Job Sec  (Read 369 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Tucker Carlson Hits Fauci: Not an Economist, He’s Suggesting ‘National Suicide’ While He Has Job Security
Mediaite, Apr 3, 2020

Tucker Carlson wanted to make clear on his show Friday night he respects Dr. Anthony Fauci, considers him an “impressive person,” and said he’s clearly an important expert to have in combatting coronavirus — but he criticized Fauci anyway for comments he has publicly made about the public health response.

Fauci’s role on the coronavirus task force has received bipartisan praise, and Fauci himself recently appeared on Carlson’s show to talk about the positive impact of mitigation thus far.

“We’ve interviewed Dr. Fauci respectfully on this program, and we’d gladly do that again if he came back, and he will come back. He’s an impressive person. But that does not mean that he’s never wrong,” Carlson said. “On the question of this pandemic, Fauci has been wrong repeatedly.”

He brought up comments Fauci made in January remarking it’s “not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worrying about,” saying, “Chinese authorities were clearly panicked by what was happening, but Anthony Fauci was not.”

“We’re not attacking Tony Fauci for getting it wrong on coronavirus. Most people did get it wrong, in and out of medicine. It’s never easy predicting which faraway problems will become imminent crises here at home. Even the experts make big mistakes. They’re human beings. They make human mistakes. And that’s exactly the point that we ought to remember going forward,” Carlson said.

He’s particularly bothered by Fauci’s recommendation of a national quarantine, knocking such “extreme measures,” before bringing up the economic impact:

More:  https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-carlson-hits-fauci-not-an-economist-hes-suggesting-national-suicide-while-he-has-job-security/

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:31:47 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Tucker's segment on this is a must see.  His presentation is clear, concise and vital.

Anthony Fauci goes nuts
Washington Times, Apr 3, 2020, Cheryl K. Chumley

Anthony Fauci, the medical professional at the eye of the coronavirus storm, has just come out and said the federal government should issue a national order for all Americans to stay home, stay inside, stay put.

Is he nuts?

Let’s rephrase: He’s nuts.

On CNN, Fauci was asked by host Anderson Cooper, “Knowing the science, does it make sense to you that some states are still not issuing stay-at-home orders? I mean, whether there should be a federally mandated directive for that or not, I guess that’s more of a political question, but just scientifically, doesn’t everybody have to be on the same page with this stuff?”

And Fauci said — yep.

“I think so,” he said, as Breitbart reported. “I don’t understand why that’s not happening. … [T]he tension between federally mandated versus states’ rights to do what they want is something I don’t want to get into. But if you look at what’s going on in this country, I just don’t understand why we’re not doing that. We really should be.”

Fauci said pretty much the same on a “Today Show” interview with Savannah Guthrie.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/3/anthony-fauci-goes-nuts/

This may be of interest to you @Bigun    happy77

Offline Absalom

Carlson is one of the few reflective voices at FOX, whose opinions about Dr. Fauci deserve consideration.
Having said that, if Dr Fauci can be wrong, certainly Tucker Carlson can also be wrong.
Medicine is the science of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease causing illness and death.
while Economics is the science of production, distribution and consumption of goods and services,
resulting in material betterment.
Isn't it lima charlie which discipline is the higher calling for Mankind?
Carlson rejects Fauci's call for a national quarantine because of it's negative economic impact.
Yet isn't that economic impact irrelevant/meaningless if Man is dead!!!!!