Author Topic: Trump ended program to detect potential pandemic-causing viruses before they spread: report  (Read 494 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump ended program to detect potential pandemic-causing viruses before they spread: report
By J. Edward Moreno - 04/03/20 11:12 AM EDT

The Trump administration cut a $200 million program that trains scientists in China and other foreign countries to detect viruses that could become pandemics two months before the first case of COVID-19 was detected in Wuhan, China, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The program was launched by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in 2009 and reportedly supported staff in the Chinese lab that eventually identified the new coronavirus. The initiative, dubbed PREDICT, was launched in response to the 2005 H1N1 ”bird flu.”

According to the Times, USAID on Wednesday gave a $2.26 million grant to help labs around the world control the virus.

“Look at the name: Our efforts were to predict this before it happens. That’s the part of the program that was exciting — and that’s the part I’m worried about,” Peter Daszak, president of EcoHealth Alliance, a key player in the program, told the Times.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/491004-trump-ended-program-to-detect-potential-pandemic-causing-viruses-before-they
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I wonder how many times this story is going to be recycled.   :pondering:

Offline aligncare

Over and over again until it sticks; big lies need frequent breathless repetition to break through democrats’ pea brains.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Until Schiffless sees it for his investigation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Can't say it better

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What? as much money as we spend in China, they can't do their own pandemic causing pathogen detection?

Oh.

Right.

They can, but then they LIE about it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

The Trump administration cut a $200 million program that trains scientists in China and other foreign countries to detect viruses that could become pandemics two months before the first case of COVID-19 was detected in Wuhan, China, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The program was launched by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in 2009 and reportedly supported staff in the Chinese lab that eventually identified the new coronavirus. The initiative, dubbed PREDICT, was launched in response to the 2005 H1N1 ”bird flu.”

So, the 10-year program was successful. Chinese lab people were trained, and were able to do their jobs (which POed the local government, but that is another story). Why continue dumping $$ and people into the program? It would be far better for the first "generation" of trained people to become the trainers of the next generations. Otherwise China would become dependent long-term.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.