Author Topic: Sec. Mnuchin Ends Dems' Alarmist Narrative About Relief Checks  (Read 270 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Sec. Mnuchin Ends Dems' Alarmist Narrative About Relief Checks
Townhall, Apr 2, 2020

During Thursday’s White House coronavirus task force briefing, Secretary of the Treasury Steve Mnuchin addressed the timeline for Americans receiving checks from the government as part of the COVID-19 relief package. Secretary Mnuchin confirmed that Americans will receive their compensation in a matter of weeks, not months:

Secretary @stevenmnuchin1: "I don't know where you're hearing these things. I told you this would be three weeks. I'm now committing to two weeks. We're delivering on our commitments. The IRS which I oversee, within two week the first money will be in people's accounts." pic.twitter.com/gT5NhjTl72
— CSPAN (@cspan) April 2, 2020

Sec. Mnuchin’s sentiment directly refutes the alarmist narrative pushed by Democratic Senate candidates in swing states, all of whom are allies with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY):

[...]

Pushing false narratives does nothing to help the nation fight COVID-19, a global health pandemic that Americans have died at the hands of. Americans deserve to see Republicans and Democrats united and working together in good faith, not using a national crisis to score political points.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reaganmccarthy/2020/04/02/sec-mnuchin-ends-senate-dems-candidates-alarmist-narrative-n2566254